Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Nice quotes from Unai today about Nico. Rates him a lot more than some here which is all that matters.

“Every player was there when we needed them. Zaniolo was one of them,” said Emery. “His impact was fantastic.

“I am very happy for him and hopefully we can add him in this mood for the rest of the season.

Link

This is quite an interesting line.  It could work either way; but definitely hints at nothing long term.

With games running out and our objectives, developing young players is not the high on the list of priorities. We need players who can contribute and make a genuine impact, so much to play for. Plenty of time and opportunity for development including preseason.

Diaby and Zaniolo can make a difference… not Rogers and Duran so much atm, their time will come…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This is quite an interesting line.  It could work either way; but definitely hints at nothing long term.

That’s a fair way to look at it. Give the lad motivation to make it happen. We have first option to buy but it’s not a guarantee we go through with the deal.

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

He is not playing well though. He has not played well all season. Scoring one goal doesn't equal playing well.

Currently there's not much between him and Rogers, both are big downgrade from peak Ramsay. 

Rogers has a future at this club, Zaniolo clearly doesn't (otherwise Emery would start him)

Peak Ramsey?! He hasn't been fit or anywhere near his peak all season so needs must unfortunately. 

There is also a lot of difference between Rogers and Zaniolo, one has played at the highest level in Europe for several years, the other has played in the championship.  

You also don't know if the club will trigger Zaniolo's option to buy, it's pure speculation on behalf of the fans that presume because he hasn't settled quickly and not starting Emery will just bin him off. Even if we do send him back he'll be still playing at the top level so he's obviously not as shit as some like to make out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Peak Ramsey?! He hasn't been fit or anywhere near his peak all season so needs must unfortunately. 

There is also a lot of difference between Rogers and Zaniolo, one has played at the highest level in Europe for several years, the other has played in the championship.  

You also don't know if the club will trigger Zaniolo's option to buy, it's pure speculation on behalf of the fans that presume because he hasn't settled quickly and not starting Emery will just bin him off. Even if we do send him back he'll be still playing at the top level so he's obviously not as shit as some like to make out.

He might have played at a high level in the past but is not showing it now. Both of themdo the same thing most of the time: dribble yourself into a cul de sac, loose the ball, foul the opponent.

I would be surprised if he ever plays at this level again.

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He might have played at a high level in the past but is not showing it now. Both of themdo the same thing most of the time: dribble yourself into a cul de sac, loose the ball, foul the opponent.

I would be surprised if he ever plays at this level again.

Lol.....what an absolute dumb post. On one hand you say him and Rogers are the same level, pin point them as doing the same stuff and then say Zaniolo will amount to not making it at this level again, yet Roger needs developing quickly as he's our player. 

Zaniolo has played for Roma, Galatasaray and will most likely end up at somewhere decent back in Italy. So 100% he's still got a great career ahead of him. Far better as a footballer than yours as a poster on this forum ffs 😂 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Lol.....what an absolute dumb post. On one hand you say him and Rogers are the same level, pin point them as doing the same stuff and then say Zaniolo will amount to not making it at this level again, yet Roger needs developing quickly as he's our player. 

Zaniolo has played for Roma, Galatasaray and will most likely end up at somewhere decent back in Italy. So 100% he's still got a great career ahead of him. Far better as a footballer than yours as a poster on this forum ffs 😂 

I think you missing the point that Rogers is much younger than Zaniolo and his carrier still has upwards trajectory. 

Zaniolos seems to be going downhill since that Europa League final. Maybe he can turn it around, but I don't think it will be with us.

Insulting other posters doesn't make your points more valid.

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

I think you missing the point that Rogers is much younger than Zaniolo and his carrier still has upwards trajectory. 

Zaniolos seems to be going downhill since that Europa League final. Maybe he can turn it around, but I don't think it will be with us.

Insulting other posters doesn't make your points more valid.

Ohhh..... so now Zaniolo just won't play at the top level with us, not in general like your previous post. Zaniolo is 24 not late 20's, he's had 2 years already out the game due to injuries and still come back. He may never be the player he once was but he may also have his best years in front of him. Rogers may never get anywhere near that level but it's still okay to dismiss the loanee for no reason other than to criticise him. 

You're okay, insulting and criticising others but can't take a little yourself. I get it! 

30 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Do you watch the games or just judge players based on their reputation?

I want all players to do well for us, really happy Zaniolo scored yesterday and has shown signs of improvement in the last few weeks, but it’s clear he’s not had the desired impact this season hence his game time has been limited in the last 3 or 4 months, regardless of who he has or hasn’t played for previously. Rogers is obviously still raw, but he’ll be playing PL with us next season, not sure any PL clubs will pick Zaniolo up to be honest.

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

With games running out and our objectives, developing young players is not the high on the list of priorities. We need players who can contribute and make a genuine impact, so much to play for. Plenty of time and opportunity for development including preseason.

Diaby and Zaniolo can make a difference… not Rogers and Duran so much atm, their time will come…

I don’t see why people can’t see what Rogers offered? He carries the ball in similar fashion to Ramsey and that was the logic behind starting him he lifts his head and plays the ball. Zaniolo had a good game but it’s obvious why Emery prefers Rogers over him , like many I had high expectations of Zaniolo this season unfortunately it hasn’t panned his way he was given multiple starts in the early stages of the season but it seems Emery no longer trusts him as a starter. He’s earned us 2 valuable points with late goals hopefully he can build on this performance but I can’t see Emery starting him in the foreseeable future.

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think Emery’s playing them because they’re young, even without Duran and Rogers he didn’t start Diaby and Zaniolo. All have different attributes, I think he played both because of the physicality of West Ham. Although I don’t agree starting two forwards but I can see where Emery came from. If he starts Rogers, Duran and Tim, it won’t be because he’s developing kids but because he needs them. Somehow those kids adds physicality which senior players lack.

Just now, david-avfc said:

Do you watch the games or just judge players based on their reputation?

I want all players to do well for us, really happy Zaniolo scored yesterday and has shown signs of improvement in the last few weeks, but it’s clear he’s not had the desired impact this season hence his game time has been limited in the last 3 or 4 months, regardless of who he has or hasn’t played for previously. Rogers is obviously still raw, but he’ll be playing PL with us next season, not sure any PL clubs will pick Zaniolo up to be honest.

I watch a lot of games, do you?

Do you also understand that some players can take longer to adapt to different cultures or do you just expect players to come in and always hit the ground running? 

Zaniolo hasn't so far had the impact most would've hoped for, there is no denying that. What I find hard to agree with are the continual comments slagging him off, writing him off as shit, saying he'll never amount to much or not considering the above. Reputation counts for a lot in all walks of life and careers, that's just how it is. To have been, seen and done is a better guarantee than to have none. It's not a knock on Rogers either but they is no guarantee he will also turn out to be more than just Championship level.

The other point to make is, if Zaniolo doesn't stay in England is he a failure? What if he ends up back in Italy at Lazio, Milan or any of the other big teams, is he still shit or are players that only make it in the PL any good?! You don't have to answer that btw. 

At the end of the day all fans should want every player, loanee or otherwise to do well whilst wearing the shirt. And yes, we all moan from time to time about individual performances, but this kid has taken more than his fair share of pelters, so imo deserves a little bit of slack.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t see why people can’t see what Rogers offered? He carries the ball in similar fashion to Ramsey and that was the logic behind starting him he lifts his head and plays the ball. Zaniolo had a good game but it’s obvious why Emery prefers Rogers over him , like many I had high expectations of Zaniolo this season unfortunately it hasn’t panned his way he was given multiple starts in the early stages of the season but it seems Emery no longer trusts him as a starter. He’s earned us 2 valuable points with late goals hopefully he can build on this performance but I can’t see Emery starting him in the foreseeable future.

I’m not criticising Rogers or calling him crap… there’s a reason we signed him. Don’t think he has nothing to offer, there are promising signs there (was funny when he left the ball behind him on that run though 😆)

But, again, he needs time and development and it’s just my personal opinion that we’re better off easing him in and bringing him in off the bench while players like Diaby and Zaniolo have top level experience and are more impactful… for now anyway… 

Just my opinion…

I think there's a slight rewriting of history with him.

He was playing quite a bit when we were decent. He had a song even, that was belted out a lot. It doesn't happen if you're crap the entire time.

I think Nico’s future, and where he will thrive, is back in Italy… Juve, who seem to have a long standing interest unless it’s just rumours, would be a good move for him. 

For now, he can help us out and score more goals before the season is over.

37 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think Emery’s playing them because they’re young, even without Duran and Rogers he didn’t start Diaby and Zaniolo. All have different attributes, I think he played both because of the physicality of West Ham. Although I don’t agree starting two forwards but I can see where Emery came from. If he starts Rogers, Duran and Tim, it won’t be because he’s developing kids but because he needs them. Somehow those kids adds physicality which senior players lack.

That’s fair… maybe just sees certain players being more suitable for certain positions… especially with the players we have missing.

Still… doesn’t change my opinion that Nico and Moussa would be more effective for now and the system could probably be tinkered with to get them in.

Surprised Tim didn’t get any minutes yesterday. 

Btw, has playing two CF’s ever worked for us since we returned to PL?

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think there's a slight rewriting of history with him.

He was playing quite a bit when we were decent. He had a song even, that was belted out a lot. It doesn't happen if you're crap the entire time.

Do think we looked more “solid” with him in the team, even out of position (prefers the right wing or centre, not the left).

Remember him playing well against Chelsea and a decent volleyed effort.

Â