Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes - maybe it doesn’t look great from this angle does it - and I don’t like to see this, what I would say is this,many players do this as a self entitled gesture - not so sure Zaniolo is one of these. 
He should though remember those people spent probably the best part of £100 plus going to the game to offer their support to the team.

I didn’t post it to refer to the gesture, I just wanted to share the goal…

His celebration could easily be misinterpreted and I couldn’t care less really.

The lad has been constantly and unfairly slated, called shit, hated on etc but he has put the effort in every time he has played and got us 3 really crucial goals (saving us from 0 points twice).

He deserves more of a chance, more time on the pitch ahead of rookies like Rodgers and Duran (who have time and development on their hands), and to play in a more natural position.

He seems to score the kind of goals that others in the side don’t too… has a different kind of anticipation or awareness.

He can really help us out before the season is over, I would like to see Unai use him more. He has attributes that can help us win games… and that’s the most important thing.

The way I see it, he deserves more game time and can really contribute to our cause and then we bid him a fond farewell once the season is over (don’t think it’s worth spending our limited funds on him with the way it has gone, he’s not a “favourite” of Unai’s and we can put the funds to better and more effective use imo. I like him but there is a more suitable place for him out there and for his career).

Edited by Jas10

Whether or not he's been shit or not, he was starting a fair few games during our best form of the season. There's clearly a player in there, and if we're still without Ramsey we should be starting ahead of both Duran or Rogers IMO

• Like 1

I’d love to see something like this but… it’s probably too attacking. Nico’s height, strength and finishing ability would be useful though… a bit of added physicality and problem for the opposition to deal with. He could even play CAM ahead of the double pivot (who can be more defensively focussed). It’s Rogers who should be coming off the bench, not Zaniolo… for me… I would love to see him in a more central position where he would likely be more effective.

Watkins  

Zaniolo 
Diaby                                                 Bailey

Luiz.        Tielemans/Iroegbunam 

Digne.           Pau.         Konsa.         Cash

Martinez

As soon as McGinn and Ramsey come back, hopefully we can get back to something like our strongest team (Moreno would he better linking with JJ and the midfield would become more solid). 

But, for now, Unai’s being forced to tinker with the side and, tbf, hasn’t got that starting lineup right in the last couple games. Subs saved us vs Luton and now West Ham… they should be starting rather than coming on… have earned their spots.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Whether or not he's been shit or not, he was starting a fair few games during our best form of the season. There's clearly a player in there, and if we're still without Ramsey we should be starting ahead of both Duran or Rogers IMO

I don’t think he’s been shit (most people’s favourite word on here) at all, maybe underwhelming… but it looks like there’s a combination of expecting too much and him being played out of position… as well as limited minutes… that have played their part.

He’s scored goals when others on the pitch haven’t been able to… I think that’s important and at least a hint at what he can offer us… 

49 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Getting to that stage of the season where he is playing for his place in the Italy euro squad and a possible permanent transfer to Villa (or another team) and he is starting to show what a good player he is. Hopefully he keeps it up until the end of the season. 

Are you trying to claim he's not been giving his all until now?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Also, if there’s any team against which to get confused as to which are home and away, it’s probably the one where the entire ground is in claret.

I thought he was just making a general shush celebration aimed at nobody in the ground. I was too busy celebrating to care. 

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I thought he was just making a general shush celebration aimed at nobody in the ground. I was too busy celebrating to care. 

Absolutely. I have no issue with a shush at all, I think it was to the Wet Spammers anyway

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

He is not our player, he will be back in Turkey soon. Need to develop Rogers quickly, hence he is starting ahead of Zaniolo.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So we are allowed to abuse players no end.. but they aren't allowed to celebrate in ways we " don't like " while doing something positive for us....

Got it...

We need to keep our performing monkeys and jesters in order...

I can't believe people are sleeping on the quality of that goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Football fans are so precious. More than happy to dish it out but if a player responds with but a fraction of their vitriol, they clutch their pearls.

Why I have a huge amount of respect for Jamie Vardy's celebrations :D

He even got interviewed about it recently when Leicester played Hull; was asked something like "Celebrated in front of the Hull fans - is this something you like doing?" and he basically said "Yeah, they give me abuse all game long so, if I score, I'm going to rub it in.  That's football."

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

More nonsense.

Zaniolo is our player currently, and if he's playing well then should be playing. If we followed your thought process, Chambers would be in front of Lenglet ffs. 

The other point is why do we need to develop Rogers quickly, why not just let him develop instead of putting undue pressure on him too. 

He is not playing well though. He has not played well all season. Scoring one goal doesn't equal playing well.

Currently there's not much between him and Rogers, both are big downgrade from peak Ramsay. 

Rogers has a future at this club, Zaniolo clearly doesn't (otherwise Emery would start him)

Â