Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's been no worse than Diaby lately tbh. I'd say better.

Plenty of people defending the former but not the latter.

I happen to think they'll both come good for us.

I’m a big Zaniolo fan but to be fair I think the two differences are firstly we have already forked out tens of millions for Diaby but could choose not to for Zaniolo, and secondly Diaby has been poorer lately but has had some brilliant games for us earlier in the season, which NZ hasn’t really yet.

I agree with your last point though!

12 minutes ago, claretman said:

He will get my support, as will all the others who wear the shirt.  We are allowed different views and moans but I accept that the Tonev comment is a low blow and for that I apologise!

You don't have to apologise. But be prepared to get pushed back over rash comments. I do it myself being the dimebar at the best of times so no biggy at all 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, claretman said:

This guy has shown next to nothing yet to suggest we should sign him permanently-runs into blind alley after blind alley and his shooting is little better than that of Tonev.  People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target.

However, I have absolute faith that Emery will either make him come good or ship him out and he should get our support as long as he's at the club.

The lack of respect for Tonev on this thread is a joke!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Young and needs more time. There is a player there. 

How much more?

Would you sign him for £25m at the end of the season?

Edited by Tomaszk

7 hours ago, claretman said:

This guy has shown next to nothing yet to suggest we should sign him permanently-runs into blind alley after blind alley and his shooting is little better than that of Tonev.  People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target.

However, I have absolute faith that Emery will either make him come good or ship him out and he should get our support as long as he's at the club.

To be fair, NASA just reported they just intercepted Tonev's final shot for Villa - it was on a collision course with Kane's penalty from the world cup.... 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How much more?

He won't cost £25m though. It's about £25m in total including all the add ons if they're met. We had an option to Buy Coutinho for 30m+ I remember but agreed a fee if 17m. 

From what has been explicitly tweeted by Gala official twitter (€19.5m buy and €15m possible add-ons) and via other sources. We have a loan fee and conditional triggers to make it obligation to buy OR we pay an additional fee to cancel the obligation. 

So at the end of the season if we want to buy him bit not at the fee on the obligation then we can negotiate. 

At this stage it's unlikely he's going to hit whatever the obligations are I would assume. It's probably goal contributions and total number of PL mins or something. 

I trust Emery and Monchi on this. After a full season of him here and t knowledge of him from Roma. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

I'm still 50/50 on Zaniolo.

I know what he is capable of, but only seen glimpses of that player so far. I think by the end of the season we will have a fair indication whether he has settled in and suits the Emery system.

Posted (edited)

If you compare to Brennan Johnson who was sold to Tottenham for 50million, then 25million is peanutes, and how many of You wanted us to buy him...

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

If you compare to Brennan Johnson who was sold to Tottenham for 50million, then 25million is peanutes, and how many of You wanted us to buy him...

Yeah £25m in this market is nothing for an attacking player. I'd say that would be excellent value for an international player.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Nailed it

58 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Not me

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How much more?

Makes more sense than when we signed Coutinho when you really take time to think about it logically.

14 hours ago, est1874 said:

He's been no worse than Diaby lately tbh. I'd say better.

Plenty of people defending Moussa but not Nicolo.

I happen to think they'll both come good for us.

Loan players get less slack than permanent players

I think we all (or mostly agree) that's he can play a bit.  I think he has struggled with playing on the left, I think he's also tried too hard when he's had a few chances on the right.  I think he's had moments of class, and has been unlucky in those moments.  He's scored a pretty vital goal vs Sheff Utd and Mostar (or whatever they were called) and I think he's only now, really starting to settle. 

I just think he'll improve and get more comfortable with how we play, he'll become more prominent and he's very different to what we already have, so offers a different option. 

£25m for a squad player won't be unusual if we want to be a top club, may as well take a starlet of Italian football for that much. 

• Like 3

He has 7 yellow cards this season and it was one of my fears when we signed him was he had more cards than goal involvements

He needs a big 2nd half of the season but at the current rate I dont think we are signing him permanently

How could anyone want us to shell 25m on him based on what we’ve seen to date just because it’s apparently ‘peanuts’? 25m is still a lot of money.

He has to show a lot more before the clubs should shell that kind of money out for him in my opinion. However I have a feeling the whole loan thing was just a way around FFP and we will in fact be signing him regardless. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How could anyone want us to shell 25m on him based on what we’ve seen to date just because it’s apparently ‘peanuts’? 25m is still a lot of money.

That's paper talk. I've seen €19m and has been said before maybe based on lots of caveats. If we do sign reasonable to assume Monchi bottom dollar special.

As an aside Brighton signed Webster for similar money several years ago. I think Solanke was similar 5 years ago and taken that long to come good. That figure has been chump change in PL for half a decade. Just shows even Watkins fee was incredible business relatively

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â