Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm surprised he hasn't been deployed as a striker more often as he has all the attributes, sort of reminds me a bit of berbatov. 

I’m actually excited at the prospect of having a versatile and effective attacker who could possibly cover for Ollie… as well as support him… Nico could be the man for the job.

Hat trick against Bodi Glimt was superb 👌

Edited by Jas10

17 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

EXCL: Aston Villa submitted official bid for Nicoló Zaniolo 🚨🟣🔵 #AVFC

◉ €3m loan fee.
◉ Salary covered.
◉ €20m buy option clause.
◉ €7m add-ons up to potential €27m package in case Villa will buy Zaniolo.

…still waiting for Gala’s final answer, frustration growing.

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1690025454210560001?s=46&t=s_7OtdZds_V67j7otBzxig

I'm guessing Roma's 15% sell-on clause might be causing some issues in this, if the "frustration" is legit.

just reading the Galatasaray fan forum, they are hopping mad about the numbers being reported for the deal.

Also, they seem to specifically hate Monchi for some reason, talking about how he "did them" in the past, who has he bought from them before to upset them so much?

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The frustration is thats a crap deal for Gala 😆 

Can't be much fun knowing your League is now the second choice clearing house for mavericks, misfits and has-beens, after Saudi entered the chat.

When a genuinely still good, but damaged one comes along like Zanolio, you know he will be off again at the first opportunity.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm surprised he hasn't been deployed as a striker more often as he has all the attributes, sort of reminds me a bit of berbatov. 

I saw some of his smashes into goal and thought batistuta 

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Christ, can you imagine he signs and becomes our Batigoal?! 🤤

Zanigoal, I’m sure someone compared Diaby to Eto’o in his thread to, what a combination. 

Edited by gwi1890

Maybe a loan for 12 months for 6 million euros and we cover his wages and then just 22 million straight up next year ? That way they keep 6 million plus most of 20 million rather than giving more to roma ? 

Or 2 year loan for 5 million per season then 16 million in 2 years time.

Helps our ffp spreading it out so much and helps them bank more rather than handing it to roma that way they keep 24 of the 26 million.

I imagine part of their frustration is that they got him way below market value.

the nature of that transfer (unproven post injury, not wanted by club, desperate to sell to any available market)....meant 20m ish was knocked off asking price.

Now 6 months later he's proved his ligaments are healed (even though there are probably still question marks there), he's wanted my the club selling him,  he's demonstrated his ability is still there (5 goals in 340 minutes) ... but they're not making any money on him

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I imagine part of their frustration is that they got him way below market value.

the nature of that transfer (unproven post injury, not wanted by club, desperate to sell to any available market)....meant 20m ish was knocked off asking price.

Now 6 months later he's proved his ligaments are healed (even though there are probably still question marks there), he's wanted my the club selling him,  he's demonstrated his ability is still there (5 goals in 340 minutes) ... but they're not making any money on him

I saw talk he has a €35M release clause so they probably knew there was a good chance he wasn't going to be there long. They obviously won't be keen on it being a loan though so may have to end up paying a bigger loan fee to get him.

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I saw talk he has a €35M release clause so they probably knew there was a good chance he wasn't going to be there long. They obviously won't be keen on it being a loan though so may have to end up paying a bigger loan fee to get him.

Hadn't seen a release fee mentioned, but did see the sell on roma get for any final sale fee.

You'd think they'd want a loan first so the sale fee is lower at the end...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hadn't seen a release fee mentioned, but did see the sell on roma get for any final sale fee.

You'd think they'd want a loan first so the sale fee is lower at the end...

THE CLAUSE - The contract that Zaniolo has signed includes a release clause that will decrease over time: 35 million euros in the summer, between 28 and 30 million in 2024 and between 23 and 25 the following year.

From here: https://www.calciomercato.com/news/zaniolo-non-aspetta-il-milan-voglio-la-champions-col-galatasaray-99501

• Thanks 1

Â