Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

I can believe the interest for sure but can't see it happening. He's pretty much exactly the kind of profile of player that there's a gap for in the squad as he's a wide forward with experience of playing on the right of a unconventional front two that has pace, goalscoring ability etc. Given they've already turned down £30 million for him it seems like there'd be much better value out there at the price it'd probably take to get him.

• Like 1

I'd take him, only going to get better and already used to the league. 

Byt as he doesn't have some fancy foreign name, a lot will say no jot worth it. 

DIABY - played 33, scored 9, 8 assists

JOHNSON - played 38, scored 8, 3 assist

Not bad especially when you consider the team he played for, 1stseason in the most competitive league in the world. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm exploring a move for Salma Hayek... She's not ad keen though.

I reckon you're past it JV...move on, you've had your best years do don't look back in anger as the song goes?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, villanmac said:

In the age of data and analytics, when you look at the top 4 players in that list it does seem like clubs are happy to pay obscene amounts based on a speed rating.

He got 10+ goal contributions too though, not bad for his first season in the prem

I watched him quite a lot in the championship and thought he was great. This year I only really watched Forest at the start of the season when they were struggling to gel, although I hear he improved massively throughout.

I'm all for it, but very much doubt we'd be able to agree a price that makes sense.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looking to buy a lucrative Welsh fanbase*:  we really lost it when Dean Saunders left

* I write this as a resident of Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Da iawn boyo

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He reminds me of Ollie with his runs, especially when Ollie played a bit wider (occasionally for us and at Brentford)

Not sure how I feel about him having the same celebration as Cameron Archer - who legit gets to use that celebration.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently he’s the fastest player in the PL

**** me, if i'm going at 35km/h on my bike I'm pretty happy about it. I can't imagine running that speed.

Not sure buying from PL clubs is where the value is though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently he’s the fastest player in the PL

That list can say what it wants, but there is no way in hell he’s faster than Adama Traore. 

• Confused 1

A lot of noise around this. Forrest fan base been saying this will likely happen for a while apparently.

As others suggest, it's not the great value or sexy foreigner with European experience, but I guess you are buying potential and speed always hurts opponents. We have to trust the process, but I hope its aswell as Diaby and not instead of, as Diaby looks the business.

Â