Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, but if we were to sign both and Bailey is for sale then would make sense to include Bailey as part of the deal for Johnson, I think he would quite suit Forest, the kind of player that has done well for them over the years.

I repeat I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, we might have spoken to both, but that's probably in case the other doesn't sign, I imagine it's quite common to be in contact with two or more players at the same time for any given position.

The two attackers more likely to be a winger, and number ten, and then if Bailey leaves a cheaper winger - by which I mean cheaper than what Forest would want for Johnson.

Nah, not at all. Bailey and Diaby played really well together at Leverkusen - no point in going for Johnson, least of all giving up Bailey for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, but if we were to sign both and Bailey is for sale then would make sense to include Bailey as part of the deal for Johnson, I think he would quite suit Forest, the kind of player that has done well for them over the years.

I repeat I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, we might have spoken to both, but that's probably in case the other doesn't sign, I imagine it's quite common to be in contact with two or more players at the same time for any given position.

The two attackers more likely to be a winger, and number ten, and then if Bailey leaves a cheaper winger - by which I mean cheaper than what Forest would want for Johnson.

Diaby isn't really a winger, though he does start games in that position, he's actually more of a second striker. Brennan is more of a conventional winger, but also capable of playing striker, so it is possible we sign both because they can both be flexible and we need options up top.

• Like 1

Johnson isn't a traditional winger either, those kind of players barely exist these days, he plays as a wide forward or as a second striker, he's a pacey forward like Diaby.

We don't need two first choice players like Johnson and DIaby, we need one Diaby type, and then a number ten type in similar style to Felix or Gonçalves.

I'm pretty certain we won't be signing  both Johnson and Diaby, it will be one of them, a number ten, and then a (relatively) cheaper squad winger if Bailey leaves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Johnson isn't a traditional winger either, those kind of players barely exist these days, he plays as a wide forward or as a second striker, he's a pacey forward like Diaby.

We don't need two first choice players like Johnson and DIaby, we need one Diaby type, and then a number ten type in similar style to Felix or Gonçalves.

I'm pretty certain we won't be signing  both Johnson and Diaby, it will be one of them, a number ten, and then a (relatively) cheaper squad winger if Bailey leaves.

Unless Johnson plays off Watkins? It would allow the versatility to move Johnson to the right and Diaby to the left too.

He's a cracking player that's going to get better, I'm pretty sure if we did sign him then it wouldn't be long before he's being linked to so called bigger clubs, for his profile is similar to the likes of Ashley Young, James Milner, Steward Downing, and then more latter day signings such as Konsa, Cash, and Watkins, those kind of signings always seem to work out for us, with Johnson there's an air that he would be guaranteed to succeed, even he didn't become a world beater, I'd be very confident that we would look back on him as a good signing that did well for us, it's that same kind of confidence I had from back when we signed Watkins and Cash.

If he signs for Brentford or even stays at Forest I bet as soon as next summer they will be struggling to keep hold of him as 'bigger' teams take more of an interest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I hope we sign him so we can abbreviate his name to BJ. 

At least that would be his real initials, unlike Jacob Ramsey, who should be "JR". And there is no sane reason why that's not the case.

Edited by rjw63
keenanism
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Sauce? 

Plenty of noise both sides.

I just think both Thomas Frank and Emery will be pushing now to have players around for pre-season. If it's not a Chiesa-type player who would be a surprise to get we aren't waiting around.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

If Diaby signs, and Johnson surely then we will try sell Traore and Coutinho?

I'm sure we're already trying to get anyone to offer anything for either of them.

19 hours ago, rjw63 said:

At least that would be his real initials, unlike Jacob Ramsey, who should be "JR". And there is no sane reason why that's not the case.

A childhood nickname that doesn’t necessarily make sense? I don’t believe that could ever happen ;)

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm sure we're already trying to get anyone to offer anything for either of them.

I very rarely have anything ITK but I do know for a fact we turned down an offer for Traore already this summer. No idea how much though, could have been a complete lowball. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I very rarely have anything ITK but I do know for a fact we turned down an offer for Traore already this summer. No idea how much though, could have been a complete lowball. 

If it was £3m or above I'd be surprised if the bid was made and if we turned it down.

If Uni wasn't our manager and we were about to blow our £50 million load on Johnson I would be losing my sh*t, but whatever the gaffer wants the gaffer can have in my book. If he thinks it's a good deal then so be it.

*Of course this could all be social media talk and nothing in it, after all we have been in recent times very quite about our transfer deals.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

If it was £3m or above I'd be surprised if the bid was made and if we turned it down.

I would guess it was a good bit more than that as otherwise the guy I know from would never have had it on his radar, but I don’t want to veer into total speculation. No idea if Emery wanted to keep him or the finances were just misaligned or what.

Â