Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Been linked a few times. Golden boy for Forest and Wales. Can’t say I’ve ever watched him and been blown away. Trust the process I guess and Don Unai if this one does happen!

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Been linked a few times. Golden boy for Forest and Wales. Can’t say I’ve ever watched him and been blown away. Trust the process I guess and Don Unai if this one does happen!

Say that again...

• Like 1

Not to say that we aren't negotiating both at the same time. Whether thats a plan B or tactical negotiation but can hardly see us getting him and Diaby. There definitely seems like something in Diaby so who knows if we are actually interested in Brennan Johnson

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If we sign Diaby and Johnson aswell as Pau, are we really going to have enough funds for a RB and back up goalie (although lack of links makes me think we’re sticking with Olsen)?

Simply yes IMO.

You have to wonder what our budget is this summer. We were due a big summer, looks like this will be the one. Also our wage bill will be the biggest in our history, so many players now probably earning in excess of £100k p/w. I wonder if Purslow left the FFP Manual on Don Logan’s desk

I don't think we would sign both Johnson and Diaby, they pretty much play the same position, the two attackers I imagine will be one winger and then another to play in the number ten role. If Bailey does leave, then it's possible that we will then bring in another winger in addition to Diaby, but I don't think it would be another super expensive signing such as Johnson, more a promising young winger happy to come here as more of a back-up option to begin with, we've been linked to Illng Jr, Gnonto, and Summerville, so maybe a player in that profile.

Sorry can’t get excited by this - seems a bit petulant and full of himself, whilst not actually achieving very much. 
Rapid yes, and this clearly goes a long way in the modern game - so I guess it could happen, but I would have thought Unai would want someone with more technical ability. 

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

You have to wonder what our budget is this summer. We were due a big summer, looks like this will be the one. Also our wage bill will be the biggest in our history, so many players now probably earning in excess of £100k p/w. I wonder if Purslow left the FFP Manual on Don Logan’s desk

I can’t wait to find out! 
We’ve bought two excellent players, one free the other around £30m … so I’d say we’ve got another £100m+ to spend.

£35 on Diaby

£35 on Johnson

£20 on RB

£20 on GK

(this is just me making up nonsense and guessing btw)

Edited by alreadyexists

Diaby and Brennan, part funded by a Digne sale, would be an incredible window. Though I imagine we are in a "one or the other" situation, of we could somehow swing both that would be incredible

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Only time I remember seeing him play was against us. Hope he’s worked on his runs as he was offside about 50 times in that match.

So was Son. Doesn’t make him a bad player, it’s just because we play a mean offside trap. 

• Like 2

I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, but if we were to sign both and Bailey is for sale then would make sense to include Bailey as part of the deal for Johnson, I think he would quite suit Forest, the kind of player that has done well for them over the years.

I repeat I don't think we will sign both Diaby and Johnson, we might have spoken to both, but that's probably in case the other doesn't sign, I imagine it's quite common to be in contact with two or more players at the same time for any given position.

The two attackers more likely to be a winger, and number ten, and then if Bailey leaves a cheaper winger - by which I mean cheaper than what Forest would want for Johnson.

Â