Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah but then it didn’t make sense because that was my first thought because why Robin Hood ie Forest + 20….what does the plus 20 mean then? That’s when I went to the Archer thought.

Yep, that makes more sense. We will soon find out - or not I guess! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I don’t believe or disbelieve any of it, I just read out of interest and analyse how those players would fit and get really interested when something concrete happens.  

If you take any reporter/tweeter comments as ITK without supporting information then you are only fooling yourself but I enjoy speculation.

this is exactly how i feel. there's really no difference between these so called fake ITKs and talksport saying we're going to sell martinez to chelsea

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but then it didn’t make sense because that was my first thought because why Robin Hood ie Forest + 20….what does the plus 20 mean then? That’s when I went to the Archer thought.

20 is Brennan Johnsons number at Forest

• Like 2

Sorry the point of my post was sometimes there are people who have some ITK info but there is a lot of tripe but not a reason to take it seriously or even get upset about it.  

As for Johnson if he is wanted by Don Unai then there’s something he’s seen that he likes. He’s obviously very fast but I think his technical ability is a bit lower than the other players we’ve been linked with. 

Edited by Sulberto21

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I understand not believing the majority of " ITK " accounts, but why do some people get so genuinely outraged? lol

SOME people do actually get info, where they do, I wouldn't know.

On the whole though, I enjoy speculation and see it as a bit of fun.

It's easy to just ignore or block things you don't want to see.

I don't mind the occasional new one for something to laugh at. It gets pretty tiring when people post the same clear BS like that villa4life bloke who makes shit up constantly.

This is exactly the type of signing we should make right now.

Hes already shown he can do it in the Premier league.

There is a very good chance he gets better next year and if he does while at Forest then this ship will have sailed for Villa anyway.

Sign him now and this time next year the majority of the Premier league will be looking on in envy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Will be a good investment. We can buy now, develop him further and either keep or flip for a profit.

That's not likely in our new situation. He would be a massive outlay so flipping for a profit will only happen if a bigger club comes in with an offer we can't refuse, eg Man Utd throw £80mil at us in two seasons. 

The other scenario is the Bailey route where it turns out they're a useful player but not worth the outlay. 

Watkins as an example. We're not going to flip him for a profit now, he'll leave after forcing a move if he goes at all. Someone like Fulham aren't coming in with £40mil 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

He celebrates with an Archer celebration too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I read this as 

Archer / Mings / Cash + 20k

As is add Cash, Archer and Mings wages together and then +£20k to that and that's what we're offering him. 

It says fee yet to be agreed so guessing it's not supposed to be something/someone +£20mil for Johnson. 

I'm sure it's nonsense anyway 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I read this as 

Archer / Mings / Cash + 20k

As is add Cash, Archer and Mings wages together and then +£20k to that and that's what we're offering him. 

It says fee yet to be agreed so guessing it's not supposed to be something/someone +£20mil for Johnson. 

I'm sure it's nonsense anyway 

JFC, of course that's nonsense. 🤣

On 13/07/2023 at 22:26, rjw63 said:

At least that would be his real initials, unlike Jacob Ramsey, who should be "JR". And there is no sane reason why that's not the case.

I’ve always wondered why he’s known as JJ?

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I understand not believing the majority of " ITK " accounts, but why do some people get so genuinely outraged? lol

SOME people do actually get info, where they do, I wouldn't know.

On the whole though, I enjoy speculation and see it as a bit of fun.

It's easy to just ignore or block things you don't want to see.

People need their daily injection of outrage. I’m outraged that you want to deny people that!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I asked the question in his thread about a year ago and no one could answer!

I thought he’s said in an interview that it’s a nickname from when he was at school?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

This is exactly the type of signing we should make right now.

Hes already shown he can do it in the Premier league.

There is a very good chance he gets better next year and if he does while at Forest then this ship will have sailed for Villa anyway.

Sign him now and this time next year the majority of the Premier league will be looking on in envy.

For me its similar to signing Watkins, Eze, Toney, Phillips, Webster, Cash. Not necessarily taking punts on them but they may not be ready to be that top 6 player yet but they need to step up and none of the top 6 will take that risk. Hes a big lad aswell, he grew in to the season scoring some important goals I think it would be a great signing. 

Villa is the place for Johnson to progress and seeing comments Forest fans can accept losing him to us in comparison to say West Ham or Brentford. 

Alex Scott is also in that bracket. 

Â