Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

33 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

10 goals and 9 assists is a very impressive shit season.

If he gets one more in the Palace game for 20 goal contributions then it may be the most hilarious "shit player" season of all time. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

10 goals and 9 assists is a very impressive shit season.

Outrageous that he's constantly lambasted 

• Like 1

Electric start to the season where we were all thinking WOW what a signing this could be.

For whatever reason, he has struggled in a lot of games, whilst still racking up decent numbers in terms of goals and assists.

I thought he played well last night but looks like he clearly divided peoples opinions on this.

Yes, he was wasteful with some chances, ones he should be scoring, but it's definitely not an ability thing, it's just he's looked a bit low in confidence. 

Overall he looked a danger to Liverpool with his pace and running, and he linked up a few times with Bailey and I thought (think) this really bodes well for next season.

The block challenge near the corner flag in the 97th? minute, also shows the right attitude and mentality. 

I like him.

He is a weird case. As people have mentioned his returns are good but he's often felt disappointing. I suppose much of that is from his great early start.

Last night I was really frustrated with him because of his decision-making and poor play when it came to the final pass/shot. At the same time, his work to get in those positions in the first place was excellent. In many ways one of his better performances but still felt angered by it.

The overriding feeling however is that clearly there is a great player there, with room for improvement. And if he can have a 'bad season' with nearly 20 goal involvements, imagine what a 'good' season looks like.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Finishing aside, was absolutely electric last night. Couldn't believe some of the abuse he was getting tbh.

Yeah, finishing comes with confidence. He was showing what he can do last night that's for sure. I'm not remotely worried about him, he'll improve next season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very very much doubt it. It was absolutely on.

spacer.png

No problem with him taking the shot...but you have to score if there's someone in this good a position next to you.

Watkins has done similar multiple times the last month and it's been very annoying.

It’s not as clear cut for me, the defender coming in from the middle has blocked off the route for the easy lay off to Duran, it’s possible to do it but would have risked either being intercepted or being misplaced. He probably should have shown more composure than just lashing it at the keeper though  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thug said:

If he squares that and **** it up… people would be screaming at him for not shooting.

Yes thinking the same. People being a bit too critical. Bailey made a few cockups in the game as well. Losing the ball in key areas and missing the shot which Diaby squared to him but rightly nobody was critical of him. Both players gave their all and more and deserve equal credit 

Edited by PaulC

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes thinking the same. People being a bit too critical. Bailey made a few cocktails ups in the game as well. Losing the ball in key areas and missing the shot which Diaby squared to him but rightly nobody was critical of him. Both players gave their all and more and deserve equal credit 

So so talented.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I agree. He was right to take on the shot. But his back heel nonsense in the first half wasn’t on 

I genuinely don't remember this. I remember Watkins' backheeled one (but I think that was second half) wide, when I think a bit more composure and the pass to (I think it was..) Diaby was on.

Missed 2 great chances in the first half and I was screwing at him tbh but his overall workrate and endeavour was top draw. Never shied from a challenge, hunted the ball down when he needed to and was far more alert tonight. I actually thought his second half performance was one of his best performances this season. More of that please.  

• Like 1

He has been frustrating to watch at times over the last few months, but he was back to being a threat last night and grew into the game. I like him and very much hope he succeeds here.

People calling him all sorts need to remember that this is a full international and likely to make his country’s euro squad. You wouldn’t be considered or picked for them if you were crap. 

• Like 1

Watching the highlights back, helps setup up Ollie and Nico. Unlucky to not get more assists. Liverpool struggled against his runs both halves. Better in the second half. 

Moussa will be absolutely fine long term. He's produced this season and it still looks like we need more from him. He will only get better and, in my opinion, he's earnt the right to have time to show us what he is really made of. 

• Like 1

Â