Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

When he came on he was so much safer than Bailey in all his decisions. It is clear he's low on confidence and isn't trying things that Bailey would because he doesn't believe they'll come off.

After 10 minutes or so he seemed to realise that we were 5-0 up and it didn't really matter and started taking some gambles, with mixed success.

By the end of the game he was unlucky not to get a goal or two (one from his own making, one when Youri should have passed) and very unlucky not to get an assist.

It's a shame none of those things happened as I'm sure they'd have given him a confidence boost he clearly needs. Hopefully he can see the positives and use it to get back to his best. That chance he created for himself was very much the Diaby that joined us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Moussa will be back. He is a real talent. Only a matter of time.

Exactly, we've seen glimpses of it. When he's on song, he'll be amazing. 

• Like 1

I think how teams now set up against us leaves less space for our direct attacks through the center. Teams are better at blocking that space now so it is limiting the impact Diaby is having as one of the 10s because it's now a tight space. We look better with Tielemans there now as there is more space out wide as a result. Stragely we don't judge Tielemans as harshly for his Goals and Assists vs Diaby despite them operating in the same position. This is because Tielemans offers more out of possession. 

I think Diaby was signed to play RM or S/S and the injury to Buendia and his early season form meant we have stuck with him as the S/S. Bailey has also excelled in the RM role so we seem to go with Bailey there when we play Konsa RB and Diaby as the S/S when Cash is at RB. When in reality it's Diaby competing with Bailey for the RM spot atm the way we best set up and Bailey is playing too well there to be dropped.

I think he is also missing Pau ,ore than anyone as that LCB direct pass to the Right 10 has been key for him this season

• Like 1

Looks like it's just a matter of belief. He's clearly class. Would love to see him start Sunday on the left with Bailey on the right and put Man Utd's back line on the back heel. Press them and score early and hold the **** lead this time.

Looked a little more alive and raced past a few of the Chelsea defenders.

United are hardly going to sit back so I don't know if he'll start but we need to start playing him into space and at the very least, moving ourselves down the pitch.

Â