Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He and Bailey haven't played in the same team much in recent months, I think that would help him a bit.

They get in each other's way when they play together.

Bailey is in his position wide and Diaby comes over and blocks him off.

Had a look at his Leverkusen stats last night, players coming from the bundesliga seem to struggle at times to adjust to the league. Bailey a good example, sancho as well who signed around the same time. And they weren’t being asked to play a different position than they had been previously. I think Diaby looked better at the start of the season when we were creating better chances and he actually had space to run into. He’s not a hold up player, and he’s definitely not someone you’re going to play long balls too, especially not against premier league centre backs. I’d still like to see him get a run of games out wide
IMG_1768.thumb.jpeg.f8e489d1e9caf9a8ee16b61bdb30ef08.jpeg

• Like 2

On 01/02/2024 at 08:59, IrishVilla10 said:

Had a look at his Leverkusen stats last night, players coming from the bundesliga seem to struggle at times to adjust to the league. Bailey a good example, sancho as well who signed around the same time. And they weren’t being asked to play a different position than they had been previously. I think Diaby looked better at the start of the season when we were creating better chances and he actually had space to run into. He’s not a hold up player, and he’s definitely not someone you’re going to play long balls too, especially not against premier league centre backs. I’d still like to see him get a run of games out wide
IMG_1768.thumb.jpeg.f8e489d1e9caf9a8ee16b61bdb30ef08.jpeg

The Bundesliga plays a lot more in space, in transition. I can understand what Unai is trying to do with Diaby, but I'm not sure how much it helps to continue being experimental in this new role for him against certain sides.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah he's clearly struggling with the transition to the role he's playing. But hopefully we'll only have some short term pain in that regard for long term gain. We'll see. 

Edited by PieFacE

53 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I get the impression he gets downhearted when things din’t go so well, so Unai’s words are helpful and wise. he needs building up and encouraging, and a bit of patience. 

Let’s hope he doesn’t read Villatalk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I get the impression he gets downhearted when things din’t go so well, so Unai’s words are helpful and wise. he needs building up and encouraging, and a bit of patience. 

Let’s hope he doesn’t read Villatalk.

When he squared the ball in the first half instead of shooting against Newcastle on Tuesday, that said to me his confidence is low as the shot was on. He needs our support to get back to where he was at the beginning of the season, when he looked top class.

• Like 3

The one thing we need to do is not start huffing in the stands when things don't come off for him. He is a super talented footballer who isnt in his best form. There is no worry from Emery about his temperament. He is working hard in training. He has proven he is talented in his career and the first 10 or so games for us. So he quite clearly isnt " shit " 

The quicker he gets his confidence and form back the quicker he starts scoring and assisting. And we need to back him. 

• Like 3

Confidence and form have completely left him. Should only be used, like today, in games we have already won. I don't want him near a game where we need a goal atm.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks like he wishes he was in Leverkusen tbh.

Shows no emotion whether he's subbed in or subbed off

Really think he will be magical next season for us, it took time for Bailey to settle.  Leon was poor last season but brilliant this season, I think Diaby will be that next season.  We’ve seen he’s got it, in the early part of the season.

Created a chance for himself with neat footwork and forced a good save, cut the ball back for Rogers' chance, beat his man and got a couple crosses in, that's solid improvement on his recent showings. Youri should've released him on that break, too.

• Like 3

Just now, M_Afro said:

He did ok today. People need to back him. He could easily have walked away with a goal and an assist. 

People need to look at bailey and look at the shit he got last year 

The frustration with diaby is at the start of the season he was on it, it's there it's in his locker, when it clicks again we're laughing, he's going nowhere so just get behind the guy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

People need to look at bailey and look at the shit he got last year 

The frustration with diaby is at the start of the season he was on it, it's there it's in his locker, when it clicks again we're laughing, he's going nowhere so just get behind the guy 

Absolutely. He’s having a spell, that’s all. No question he will work through it.  I’m 100% convinced that those two need each other, too, and even though it’s nice to have both both Bailey and Diaby scoring lots of goals, I still think that they are really important as teammates and as people who drive each other on at AVFC. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Confidence and form have completely left him. Should only be used, like today, in games we have already won. I don't want him near a game where we need a goal atm.

So how the hell we suppose to get him firing again if we only use him when we're 3,4 or 5 -0 up 🤦‍♂️ because those games will be very few & far by the end of season, he was very unlucky with his chance 2nd half, come alive in the box with quick feet & got a good shot off, not sure he did alot wrong tonight when he came on. 

• Like 1

Â