Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Not sure what to say about him. By no means I think he is shite. He's obviously a very talented player but he is clearly missing something at the moment. That little injury he had just knocked his momentum and since then his confidence has been shot. 

No idea whether it's purely down to his confidence, our tactics or the opposition but he's just not offering enough. 

Genuinely don’t think he’s good enough for this level and I can’t think of a single decent game that he’s had. Despite the hype, he really is not fast, he rarely runs at players, rarely shoots and he is weak on the ball and easily bullied off it.

I want him to be good but he’s unwanted baggage at the moment and we need to leave him out ….. better still, loan him out or sell him !

Doesn't warrant a place in the starting XI at the moment, and hardly warrants much playing time at all. He's not scored enough, and he's not provided enough assists, and he's been recruited to Villa to provide offensive production, end product. 

If his injury is what's affecting him, maybe he should rest and rehab it until he can get back to early season form. If he's fit, his form is a massive let down, because he's being paid a lot of money to be one of if not THE main guy for us, someone who can singe handedly turn games and inspire teammates. 

But our record signing has been a passenger for literally months now.  I guess all we can do is be patient. But if I were Wes or Nas, I'd probably be getting a bit of a hair across my arse.

• Like 1

he's been poor, so not trying to defend him, but he is clearly being played out of position.

He might adapt to the second striker role at some point, but right now he looks terrible playing central, if he is going to play we need to play him off the wing, using his pace etc for through balls, running at players and breaks etc.

We are literally nullifying his main strengths, playing him in this second striker role.

as i saw someone else say, as soon as Zaniolo and Bailey came on, Zaniolo went to second striker and bailey to the wing, and Bailey looked great, we need to be playing Diaby in that position also, if he plays anywhere.

i'd go as far as to say that if we play Bailey and Diaby at the same time, one needs to play left wing, the other right, not this second striker stuff.

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can't remember the last time I saw him properly dribble past a player. 

This is such a good point. 

I thought we were getting a quick winger who would look to go round players. We haven’t seen that at all.

He seems to get the ball, look up and offload straight away.

He doesn’t look like a second striker at all to me. Surely his position is out wide on the right?

God knows, but we can’t afford him to be as sh*t as he has been lately for much longer. He’s been god awful for months.

• Like 1

He looks like someone dragged all the confidence out of him. He doesn't look like he believes that good things can happen to him at the moment and you can see that he's struggling - he could do with a couple of games where he comes off the bench against tiring defenders to give him a break and a lift.

• Like 1

We've questioned (me included) the likes of Bailey, McGinn, Douglas Luiz. etc. in the past. Diaby will come good. There is clearly a player there.

Worst case, Xabi Alonso will buy him once he becomes the next Liverpool manager.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Diaby is a fantastic player but I wouldn’t play him into form whilst Bailey is looking hot.

He needs to sit on the bench for a bit.

Whilst I agree with you, I do think it's a delicate balance between Unai seeing if he can play himself back into form or benching him.  If he is benched it's entirely possible that his confidence will drop further and then we have a 50-million pound dud.  However, if he continues his current levels (especially if the team is not winning) the same could happen, especially when the fans (inevitably) get on his back.

I recall the majority of fans couldn't fathom why Bailey kept playing week after week last season, yet now he's arguably our most potent attacking player....

Who'd be a manager eh.... 

One thing is for certain, his teammates want him to come good.  When he hit that tame shot tonight and there was a collective groan from the Holte, Watkins rallied... 

Got in some great positions again but his confidence is absolutely shot. He could have pulled the trigger a few times quickly and didn't. 

Bailey needs to be starting ahead of him. He can rebuild his confidence in the cups. His ability isn't in question to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

Whilst I agree with you, I do think it's a delicate balance between Unai seeing if he can play himself back into form or benching him.  If he is benched it's entirely possible that his confidence will drop further and then we have a 50-million pound dud.  However, if he continues his current levels (especially if the team is not winning) the same could happen, especially when the fans (inevitably) get on his back.

I recall the majority of fans couldn't fathom why Bailey kept playing week after week last season, yet now he's arguably our most potent attacking player....

Who'd be a manager eh.... 

One thing is for certain, his teammates want him to come good.  When he hit that tame shot tonight and there was a collective groan from the Holte, Watkins rallied... 

There is zero chance of Diaby becoming a dud, he is easily one of our best players.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Hope we kept the receipt.

A total waste of £50mil and on top of that he is keeping Bailey out of the team for some inexplicable reason.

Rubbish, that was a good price for him.

• Haha 2

Just now, paul514 said:

There is zero chance of Diaby becoming a dud, he is easily one of our best players.

Agree. He's been pretty rancid but will come good. He's currently not one of our best players but could be when the tide turns.

• Like 2

Â