Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

15 hours ago, Spoony said:

Other than Jack, I think he might be the best player ever to play for us. 

I think Jack is an exceptional player but there are a number of players in our past that I would put better than him and my grandfather would have even more than me.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Is it wrong to worry that the likes of City will come sniffing around at the end of the season? This guy just have serious aspirations so if we're not top 6 / 4 at the end of the season will he want to move on?

Thats why the constant process of looking for players, through the transfer market and youth football is buoyant.

Years ago, we used to sit on our hands too much.....now, its vibrant and lively, always being linked with players, and keeping everyone interested, inc the Players themselves.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd be surprised if Liverpool aren't interested in him if and when Salah eventually leaves.

Any team with the wherewithal, would be interested in him....it goes with the territory.

If we keep adding quality, there will come a time, when no one will want to leave.

That's presuming money is not involved....and we all know the answer to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

They would have to spend £120m minimum

Yep, he won't be cheap, he's a real asset for the club now.  If he goes, we make an absolute bomb on him, or he stays, and we reap the rewards on the pitch. 

They will be bracing themselves for when Salah does eventually leave, and i'm sure they'll have an eye on Diaby.

Liverpool was prepared to pay that kind of money for Caicedo, and who know they may have different owners by the time people come sniffing around Diaby.

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Is it wrong to worry that the likes of City will come sniffing around at the end of the season? This guy just have serious aspirations so if we're not top 6 / 4 at the end of the season will he want to move on?

Brighton have shown you can cope with that happening, just needs smart transfers 

What is so good about him is that he really can play all 3 positions behind a main striker. Left right or as a 10 or second striker. Watched a few more vids this morning and he really does have it all. He isnt all that bad defending either . Seems that his teams built their team to leave him as an attacker as he is so lethal. His right foot is incredible as well which is so rare for left footers. That disallowed goal on saturday  . The way he controlled it and then just swept it in so effortlessly with his right  . Then you add in his crossing ability which is completely elite and he has potential to be a 15 goal 15 assist player over a long successful season. Best 51 million we have ever spent 🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 games and we're already selling him to City and Liverpool 😀 

We need to get used to the fact that we now have several players good enough for the very top teams. That doesn't necessirly mean they are leaving anymore, because they are no longer standout talismen due to the overall quality of the squad being so much better. It is also obvious the club has real ambition and a world class manager - again not something we could say in the past.

The guy looks quality but he is nowhere near as elite in his position globally as Emi Martinez, for instance.

I am not saying he's ours for life, but let's just enjoy it, I would imagine we'll have him for 2-3 years at least and who knows where Villa will be at that point. 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

What is so good about him is that he really can play all 3 positions behind a main striker. Left right or as a 10 or second striker. Watched a few more vids this morning and he really does have it all. He isnt all that bad defending either . Seems that his teams built their team to leave him as an attacker as he is so lethal. His right foot is incredible as well which is so rare for left footers. That disallowed goal on saturday  . The way he controlled it and then just swept it in so effortlessly with his right  . Then you add in his crossing ability which is completely elite and he has potential to be a 15 goal 15 assist player over a long successful season. Best 51 million we have ever spent 🤣🤣

He’s very good so sorry to nitpick and don’t think it massively matters but I do think he’s bad at defending. When we signed him it was labelled as a weakness and backed up by the stats where he made 1 tackle every 2 games in Germany. I’ve been watching that aspect of his play and I’m not sure he’s made a successful tackle for us yet in 5 games. 

On 17/09/2023 at 17:02, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm so sad for him that his goal didn't stand, and actually a bit irritated over VAR and the rules. I of course get it that offside is offside and It's hard to argue against a goal being is disallowed when it is.

But, the point with the offside rule is that a player should not get an extra advantage by being closer to the goal than the defender (and perhaps a lot of other things too). In this case where we are talking about millimeters there is no advantage what so ever. The only result is that a perfectly executed beautiful goal is disallowed.

A sublime pass from Pau, good movement from different players, a super sprint, first touch and perfect shot - all ruled out because of this forensic approach to the game where we are striving for some kind of absolute justice by having computers calculate millimeters. It's just wrong, most didn't notice it when it happened and should better fall whithin some kind of clear and obvious-rule and with thicker lines being drawn by VAR or something. 

Agreed. They did make them thicker than they were after it first came in. But I feel the margin for error is still not being accommodated given the speed with which the ball moves and the frames being used to determine offside or not.

When it's that close, you should allow for the fact the cameras aren't precisely calibrated to pick up the exact moment the ball leaves the foot. 

Before then you even add a slight allowance for the fact the game should probably favour the attackers in those situations. Where the feet are level and its just the shoulder that's ahead...pfft.

Diaby got robbed there. Thankfully, I'm sure we'll see more of those types of goals from him in the near future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His celebration for Leon's goal was pure and genuine joy and passion with supporters.

Meanwhile Kamara never even flinched when we went ahead. Lol

I love it when players go mad when others score. Even Jonathan Kodjia, who could easily be viewed as quite a selfish player, used to celebrate like crazy whoever scored.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His celebration for Leon's goal was pure and genuine joy and passion with supporters.

Meanwhile Kamara never even flinched when we went ahead. Lol

Was very disappointed to see that from BK, hopefully it's exception not the norm....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I love it when players go mad when others score. Even Jonathan Kodjia, who could easily be viewed as quite a selfish player, used to celebrate like crazy whoever scored.

Jimmy Danger was such a great player for us. Him and Adomah were so damn likeable. 

• Like 2

Â