Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh joy another whole week of baseless speculation at least then!

Not exactly " baseless " is it?

It's been reported by multiple reputable sources.

What's heartening for me, is that several of them are saying that he WANTS to join us.

It's the clubs which are the sticking point it appears.

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Absolutely, it's mental money for the ordinary guy in the street. Mental. Life changing compared to even an exceptional directors salary even. 

But compared to what's being offered by Saudi, it's almost insignificant.

The average PL footballer takes home £14m after tax in a 10 year career based on todays figures. 

Ruben Neves salary spread over that time period is 156m after tax, as there is none. 

It's disgusting levels of money, and frankly, its similar to the LIV golf scenario where its at such absurd levels that most will not turn it down. 

The point seemed to be that £8m wouldn't be a life changing amount for an entire generation.

Which is **** madness.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can take the odd one or two, especially with wingers.

Yeah more an issue for Buendia who is playing as second striker or as a midfielder with more defensive responsibilities. Quick winger being small is fine and can often be beneficial 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd like to go on record as saying I like Ruben Neves and actually, his reasoning for going there is frank, honest and admirable. 

Yes, he'd be wealthy if he didn't, but the amount of money he's now going to make means his family (3 kids) will live an incredible life without worry EVER. A lot of us forget these players have families and putting them before a few medals is understandable. 

Tin hat on and all that, but I can see why even the younger players are taking the money. It's the difference from being very wealthy to being insanely wealthy forever. 

I have to say I agree, I also had that view on Grealish - its very hard to turn down that level of wealth for the sake of your family and long term.

It may well mean that players in Saudi get overlooked for their national teams, or accept they wont get to play in the Champions League (for now).

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah more an issue for Buendia who is playing as second striker or as a midfielder with more defensive responsibilities. Quick winger being small is fine and can often be beneficial 

Tony Morley wasn't very tall....just saying

• Like 1

Â