Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

It’s a little perplexing that people bring up why isn’t X in for Y player we might sign. The answer is we simply don’t know. Sometimes, targets materialise at times that are advantageous so you take advantage. It doesn’t mean the player isn’t any good. 

Just now, allani said:

Going to be controversial with some posters - but I do think that Bailey will be better this season.  I think he's taken a while to know what we want him to do and was then probably trying too hard and was short on confidence.  I think that towards the end of the season he set up some really excellent assists (i.e. pretty much put on a plate) by driving into the box and then cutting the ball back for a late arriving midfielder.  If Diaby comes then maybe that is something that will help Bailey even more - someone who can give him refind his mojo if you like.  I think some people have written him off too soon and so that makes writing off Diaby because of the "similarity" to Bailey even weirder.  We've been crying out for years about being linked to genuinely good players and now people are writing off regular French, Italian and Spanish international players as "high risk" / almost certain failures.

I mean, he can't get any worse.  I do agree that he got slightly better near the end of the season, but he still isn't at the level we need him to be at to be starting for a club pushing for the Champions League/Europa League spots.  Hell, Traore offers more goals for us off the bench than Bailey ever has.  

I admit that I've never seen him play but, for some reason, I get carried away when I see a foreign name being linked with us that costs tens of millions. I read somewhere that he's the French Bailey. I hope not. Someone who watches German fussball please tell me that he's a million times better than Bailey. 

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I mean, he can't get any worse.  I do agree that he got slightly better near the end of the season, but he still isn't at the level we need him to be at to be starting for a club pushing for the Champions League/Europa League spots.  Hell, Traore offers more goals for us off the bench than Bailey ever has.  

I don't think he will be starting many games next season but will be a strong option off the bench.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

One of the hottest properties that doesn’t seem to have anyone else in for him.

We should only try to sign players that better teams also want, and in the process never sign anyone.

1 minute ago, allani said:

I don't think he will be starting many games next season but will be a strong option off the bench.

We could have potentially 60 games to play. He could easily start mid 20s in all competitions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s a little perplexing that people bring up why isn’t X in for Y player we might sign. The answer is we simply don’t know. Sometimes, targets materialise at times that are advantageous so you take advantage. It doesn’t mean the player isn’t any good. 

Or the - why are we wasting our time trying to sign player A as they will definitely only be interested in going to a top CL club so we are wasting our time.  Then we target player B and he's written off because no top CL clubs are chasing them so therefore they can't be very good. 

So we bid €45m to Leverkusen, reportedly. Seems shrewd. Not insulting nor reckless. I'd have started at €43m. Rumoured ask from Leverkusen is €60m, which seems too much. But surely the gap can be bridged? This is exciting. We are clearly serious as shit about upgrading Villa's engine for Formula One.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I admit that I've never seen him play but, for some reason, I get carried away when I see a foreign name being linked with us that costs tens of millions. I read somewhere that he's the French Bailey. I hope not. Someone who watches German fussball please tell me that he's a million times better than Bailey. 

I mean he plays the same position, has the same build/attributes, and also had 1 huge breakout season for the same club as Bailey.  It's hard to not make the comparison.  

• Like 1

Much like Torres this would be quite a statement signing, as much as there seems some trepidation on this thread the guy is very highly rated and getting him in would probably surprise a lot of people. Quite a consistent French international, always having his name linked to top sides etc.

Definitely the profile of player we need as well as he's fast and able to offer a threat 1 v 1 against defenders. Can't say we're not going for it this summer anyway!

• Like 2

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We’re gonna win the transfer window

Which is why I'm scared...  Whenever we seem to have a great window we never seem to meet expectations afterward.  

• Like 2

I think this will be one to break our transfer record. It is getting close to being proper ‘pinch me’ stuff now with our transfers. We’ve got our big boy pants on for sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â