Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

It’s not Heck’s badge it’s NSWE … If they were suitably blown away by the round badge do you think they’d let it be changed a year afterwards ? Why is it the Lerner badge and not Paul Faulkner’s. Yes Heck would’ve been behind it but ultimately it is Nas & Wes’s badge as it will define their ownership in terms of badges. Or is it cause a lot don’t seem to like Heck they get away from being associated with it ? 

Because we know that NWSE trust their CEO's to get on with the job and don't micro-manage on details. They accepted Purslow's badge, they will accept Heck's reasoning to change the badge and will accept his new badge, and they will accept the new future CEO's badge when that happens in the future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

It's obvious that they'll launch it as soon as we either win ECL or qualify for champions league because if we complain it will make the fans look like they're never satisfied. Pure gaslighting 

To be fair that will work. I'm pretty sure I won't give two shits if we achieve either of those things. If we get both I won't give 4 shits (2shits)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think on the shirt it will be the detailed gold lion, which is slightly more palatable.

But surely the point about branding is it needs to be consistent? As things stand there are 3 logos (the one with prepared,  the one without prepared, and the round one) that do the rounds for representing us. If we are going with the new One leaked they need to be consistent in how they represent it, it can't be 'well it looks like clip art everywhere but looks more detailed on the shirt'.

23 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We are supporters. We don't change any situation by doing anything. Why post anything at all by that criterion?

It's not that deep mate. Try to have a bit of fun with things sometimes. In the grander scheme of things, this is small change.

I'll leave it there 👍🏻

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

First time seeing the new badge, I work in branding and don't usually get too worked up about visual identities as there is hopefully usually some thought process or political aspect to the reasoning behind it, but must say that looks like a very USA centric sports logo and doesn't fit the Villa at all.

The drop shadow doesn't work either. Less is more, really poor logo.

I'd rather have your avatar as our badge than the Heck thing

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had any other club rebrand3d as often as we have since, for example, the 1980s?

I know Arsenal did about 15 years ago. Chelsea did in ahout 2004, Liverpool did in 1992...but to me we have changed far, far too often.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

All that fuss and embarrassment only to end up with a flat, milquetoast, back-to-square-one, Lerner-style badge. 

Unless Betano jumped the gun and used what they wrongly think is the new badge? 

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

It's obvious that they'll launch it as soon as we either win ECL or qualify for champions league because if we complain it will make the fans look like they're never satisfied. Pure gaslighting 

God no. Please no. Not that bloody gas light badge again. 😔

Â