F: Valencia a: Sat Aug 5 20:00

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

I did indeed get a refund from Villa Tv FYI. They sent a note that just said that the feed was from Valencia and it was beyond their control.

Glad you got a refund. But I was able to watch on Spanish TV without a problem though.

• Like 1

Just now, 479Villan said:

I’ve run in shirts made from about a dozen manufacturers and every one of them is soaked to some degree in the summer after 20 minutes of running. 

that includes Puma apparel. 

There is no magic material that makes sweat disappear. Darker colors will show it more. 

Did you see the Valencia shirts after 90 minutes? Most of them appeared to be dry. By contrast ours were drenched and that had nothing to do with the colour. I was a good club athlete many many years ago, and I would have thrown this kind of rubbish in the bin back in the seventies and eighties.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We won, but quite a few questions have been posed after that game that feel like a slight break has been placed on the all guns positivity. 

That’s not a bad thing. Dangerous to get over confident especially before a trip to Newcastle.

Torres and Bailey are the big concerns. I don’t want to see either of them starting next week. I’m not writing Torres off, we’re playing him out of position but I’m fed up of Bailey.

• Like 1

Much better run out for the lads tonight against a team who put 100% more effort in than Lazio. We looked comfortable for the majority of the game. Only real concern is that Diaby has struggled to get into the last 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Did you see the Valencia shirts after 90 minutes? Most of them appeared to be dry. By contrast ours were drenched and that had nothing to do with the colour. I was a good club athlete many many years ago, and I would have thrown this kind of rubbish in the bin back in the seventies and eighties.

I don’t know what to tell you mate. I run in all kinds of different material, different weaves, and the result is the same. It ain’t the clothes. 

and nobody is lining up for Puma kits. 

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I don’t like the design of our shirts this year, but I thought the fabric was supposed to be some kind of super fabric that wicked water away from the skin?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It was great watching us tonight. I know it was a friendly, but the Mestalla is a proper ground, Valencia a big club full of history. I remember big names being there: Mendieta, Lopez, Canizares, Ayala, Villa, Aimar. I get the feeling we are going to get used to us playing at some rich, historic stadiums across Europe over the next few years.

Just a massive shame their team has turned into Stoke City, bunch of thugs and cloggers.

It's a symptom of their upsetting decline. I remember their golden days and it's very sad. La Liga has huge financial problems and the artistry of Spanish football is giving way to basic physicality as a result. There are only three top teams in La Liga and only two of those currently attempt to play attractive football.

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don’t like the design of our shirts this year, but I thought the fabric was supposed to be some kind of super fabric that wicked water away from the skin?

Seems to have the opposite effect 😂

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching the game tonight but one thing that I would like OBE (Out By Easter) to raise at the next reps meeting is the quality of AVTV's broadcasts. Charging £4.99 for a blurred substandard picture is simply not on. I would love the opportunity to educate our service providers with some cold hard truths!

• Like 1

Â