Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Whats that in English?

Here is a translation of the full quote:

José Castro Carmona, president of Sevilla FC, was this Sunday at Canal Sur's Gol a Gol and analyzed various aspects of the current situation of the Nervión team. Monchi's continuity at the club is in doubt and the manager spoke about this matter.

"If four or five days after winning a title for what it has meant for the club, for Seville, for Andalusia and for Spain..., well, if it surprises me because of the short time," he began by saying. «We hope and wish that Monchi reconsiders and continues with us. In football there are no wounds that cannot be healed. We must not forget who told him that if he had problems the doors were open for him.

I hope and wish that he will continue with us. He has work to do. I doubt that in another club he has more powers than in Sevilla," he added.

About the possible laments of the sports general director that could have led him to make the decision to leave, Castro assured that "Monchi has autonomy in the club." "He is an important stronghold in the club," he also added. In addition, regarding the Sevilla board of directors that will take place on Monday, he reported that "it was planned beforehand" and that "it has nothing to do" with the Monchi affair. “We will talk about that and other things. It is not that there is a specific date, but sooner or later we should know it because we have to work and there are many things to do. When LaLiga ends is when the hard and powerful work of the sports director begins.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Is this another Alemany leverage tactic? 🤣

Why do the Spanish clubs conduct their affairs through the media so intimately - it is well annoying. Is it because they like the sound of their own voices?

They all pretty much have a dedicated media per team. We have Gregg Evans and Preece then a team like Sevilla has a dedicated paper following them

On 11/06/2023 at 03:28, Wezbid said:

NSWE - I will be Sporting Director for £350k a year and will nod yes to players Unai likes and take polls on here for other players. 

Let's get this sorted so we can move on and end this saga. 

I'd do this plus scout FM for wonderkids every year

Movements in the Sánchez-Pizjuán. This Monday was the day to clarify the future of the general sports director and the first steps are taken from this morning in the offices of the Nervión club. Monchi has arrived around 10:00 a.m. at the red-and-white stadium on a key day for him and the club, fully involved in the planning of the next 2023-24 season.

The Cadiz boy has met with the president, José Castro, and the first vice president, José María del Nido Carrasco, in addition to Fernando Navarro, assistant to the sports general director. From the meeting, the final decision of the one from San Fernando, who already communicated to the club last Wednesday his desire to leave, must come out.

Castro showed his surprise at this whole situation last night in statements to Canal Sur: "If four days after winning a title, with what that has meant for Spain, that news arrives so soon...

It has been a bit unexpected, but we hope you will reconsider and continue with us. If you reconsider, there are no wounds that can't heal, especially with Monchi, who is one of ours. We must not forget that he has already left once and it was I who told him that the doors were open," the president said.

In fact, the club expected in the last few hours that its sports general manager would reconsider its decision to leave Sevilla FC. If this is not the case and Monchi decides to go to another team, the Nervión entity will demand an amount close to the release clause that stipulates his contract for these situations.

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Meeting currently happening with the Sevilla board

Quite hopeful that Purslow leaving clears the way for this to happen now as part of the wider restructuring. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

What was the discussion like?

Not great really, they talked about the manager doing wonders with a really poor squad that Monchi assembled. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's talksport..You answered your own question!

Can't argue with this

• Thanks 1

Â