Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t wait until he evolves into a MegaMonchi. We’ll sign… ALL the players. 

MegaMonchi used ‘sign’…

… it was super effective!!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Trensa said:

I came back after DC dealing. 

There are rumors about Monchi going there. 

He has been always a roller coster of emotions after emotional seasons. 

It seems like He want power about the transfer decisions and the board is not giving to him that. 

If he finilly go there you need to know a few thing. 

You have to be patience. 

He is not a wizard, in fact, this summer window was horrible and the season was saved thanks to a third coach, players from 2020 window and the winter window. 

Probably he is gonna take decisions that you not gonna like or understand. 

Our claim is "vender Para crecer", you say "sell to growth or go further". 

In Rome he sold Alisson or Salah. 

He changed Sevilla, but not only cause he is a great sporting director but cause he knows our idiosyncrasy and he knows our breathe the team and the city. 

I don't know if he gonna get that there, cause this is a sentimental factor and it is not easy to get that from overnight. 

It is true that Emery and Monchi were a great team here but the first season Emery was almost out in the middle of the season cause we were shit the first leg. 

Lots of question out there, He is the best SD for us, cause here is not only that, but I am not sure what he is gonna do there and if you gonna get patience to see the results. 

We'll see. 

¡bienvenido de nuevo!

When you say he wants more power but isn't getting it - how is that seen by Sevilla fans? Are they happy he isn't getting it based off some bad decisions in the last window? - or has he done well overall and you wish Monchi would get the power he desires from the board?

What kind of decisions has he made at Sevilla that you and other fans didn't like or understand?

gracias por volver y darnos sus conocimientos y opiniones!

Good here, bad there. Reminds me of criticism Unai has received. As we know, we need context and facts to really understand why things did and didn't work - what conditions or restraints were they working under, if any, etc.

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

In the video that Wes posted, he introduces himself, and it's as "Mon-chee".  

I apologise, and retract my statement. For some reason I was thinking he was Italian, rather than Spanish. 

All 'monkey' puns are OFF, 'munchie' puns back ON.  :)

2 hours ago, Trensa said:

It seems like He want power about the transfer decisions and the board is not giving to him that. 

I think with some of the disastrous transfer descisions that have been made here at our club in the last couple of seasons, I'm sure our owners wouldn't have any trouble granting him that here so that he and Emery answer to them. That would be a big plus imo.

One thing to note, similarly to Emery, he would have MUCH better resources at his disposal here.

So it may allow him to shop in a different pool altogether, and make better decisions.

I can see Directors/Managers sometimes having their lists, and having to make the higher risk move, due to finances or attraction etc.

His remit probably won't just be to find players we can buy for cheap and hope to sell for big money, more of a balanced approach.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I apologise, and retract my statement. For some reason I was thinking he was Italian, rather than Spanish. 

All 'monkey' puns are OFF, 'munchie' puns back ON.  :)

I wish you'd make your mind up!!

88e1008b-52f0-4053-9035-1eaefba3df61_484701419.jpeg

You dont really hear a lot about sporting directors in general but Monchi always seems to be the name that comes up when held in high esteem. The Roma explosion is definitely a concern and him being such a "big" personality. Not sure thats healthy in a sporting director who should really be in the background rather than the story. 

That said he seems to be all about obession and attention to detail. Another workaholic to go along with one we've already got. If we can give him the environment he needs could be a masterstroke. Lets hope it is. 

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One thing to note, similarly to Emery, he would have MUCH better resources at his disposal here.

So it may allow him to shop in a different pool altogether, and make better decisions.

I can see Directors/Managers sometimes having their lists, and having to make the higher risk move, due to finances or attraction etc.

His remit probably won't just be to find players we can buy for cheap and hope to sell for big money, more of a balanced approach.

The flipside to that is that he's untested in that pool, as well as the league itself. 

I have a feeling that he wants to prove that he can do it outside of Sevilla and Spain, especially after his time at Roma. 

His relationship with Emery, as I mentioned before, I think is a very important point, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The flipside to that is that he's untested in that pool, as well as the league itself. 

I have a feeling that he wants to prove that he can do it outside of Sevilla and Spain, especially after his time at Roma. 

His relationship with Emery, as I mentioned before, I think is a very important point, though. 

To be fair, I may need to rephrase somewhat.

Not necessarily even a totally different " pool ".

Maybe he will have had targets from a certain segment prior, but simply couldn't afford or attract the TOP targets identified. So ended up with lessor choices.

He will probably have a better chance of doing so here, with more resources if you get what I mean.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I may need to rephrase somewhat.

Not necessarily even a totally different " pool ".

Maybe he will have had targets from a certain segment prior, but simply couldn't afford or attract the TOP targets identified. So ended up with lessor choices.

He will probably have a better chance of doing so here, with more resources if you get what I mean.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I think the big difference is knowing the type of player that both fits our requirements and is the right fit for the league.

He knows Spain and Sevilla inside out, while by his own admission he charged headfirst into Roma without feeling it out properly. I think that sort of reflection shows that he's learnt from it, though, and I said I think he's keen to prove to himself that he can do it.

• Like 1

Â