Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I keep seeing things about a release clause for him? But some of the reports suggest it’s Monchi himself that needs to pay it? That doesn’t seem right unless the translation is off. 

La Liga have buyout clauses, not release clauses for players (I assume staff too).  Technically, the players himself buys out the contract, and is re-imbursed by the club he's moving too. 

From what i've read Monchi want's his contract terminated.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://sevilla.besoccer.com/noticia/monchi-esta-decidido-a-pagar-los-5-millones-de-su-clausula-de-rescision-1260279

Monchi's future at Sevilla FC seems increasingly clear. The sports general director is determined to leave the rojiblanca entity and pay his termination clause , as Canal Sur points out .

The man from Cádiz has been reflecting on his possible departure for months, as BeSoccer reported weeks ago, and winning the Europa League has been the definitive push to leave the club at this time.

Last night, Monchi informed the board of directors that he was leaving Sevilla FC after this 22/23 season , thus referring the presidency of the Seville entity to its termination clause. As reported by Canal Sur , theSports general director will have to pay 5 million euros to be able to leave Sevilla FC for another club, and everything indicates that it will be Unai Emery's Aston Villa, and the man from Cádiz would be determined to carry it out.

Edited by wishywashy
made the same explanation as above. smooth recovery
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

La Liga have buyout clauses, not release clauses for players (I assume staff too).  Technically, the players himself buys out the contract, and is re-imbursed by the club he's moving too. 

From what i've read Monchi want's his contract terminated.  

I think it's the same for staff: I vaguely remember Emery being the one who bought out his clause at Villareal. Pretty sure it's Spanish law.

Edited by wishywashy

Good thread from an English-speaking Sevilla fan, particularly focusing on the background of Sevilla & the behind-the-scenes power struggles over the past few years: and why Monchi looks to be leaving.

It also appears like there's drama over Monchi's release clause: he allegedly cites personal reasons for leaving and therefore is asking Sevilla to waive it, but Sevilla suspect that it's for sporting reasons (us) and therefore want it to be paid

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Reading that article fills me with some trepidation, he has been good for sevilla by the sounds of things but also seems to be alot of drama, specially while he was at Roma his stint there did go well by all accounts. But if Emery wants him who am I or we to judge 👍

• Like 1

Rob Palmer from Sky Sports

Monchi to Aston Villa could be the Premier League signing of the summer. 

He’s the ultimate star-maker. 

Villa fans are unlikely to have heard of any of his signings, and will have to be patient as they develop. 

But his record at Sevilla was impressive. A club of similar standing

Monchi’s success stories last season were…

Loïc Badé - loaned from Nottm Forest where he’d not played a minute

Loaning Spurs misfit Bryan Gil 

Bringing Lucas Ocampos back from Ajax. 

Selling Kounde & Diego Carlos for approx £81m

*recognising mistakes like Isco*

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I keep seeing things about a release clause for him? But some of the reports suggest it’s Monchi himself that needs to pay it? That doesn’t seem right unless the translation is off. 

He can't be that bad, if they don't want him to go.....its always a good sign, when your employer kicks up a fuss, when you throw your ticket in.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

He can't be that bad, if they don't want him to go.....its always a good sign, when your employer kicks up a fuss, when you throw your ticket in.

I think transfer dealings, contracts etc in Spain are very strange,

• Like 1

I cant think of many sporting directors that are club legends based on the position.

You could argue he has made Sevilla a European powerhouse(better have them Europa Leagues in the cabinet than a regular Champions League quarter finalist) especially from when he took over

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Reading that article fills me with some trepidation, he has been good for sevilla by the sounds of things but also seems to be alot of drama, specially while he was at Roma his stint there did go well by all accounts. But if Emery wants him who am I or we to judge 👍

He seems to thrive under the calming influence of our beautiful Basque genius in the dugout.

• Like 2

Interested to see our approach in the future if this is true - his strength at Sevilla seems to have been "find good players and turn a big profit, reinvest. Repeat." There's usually a CL spot up for grabs in Spain, so that policy works well when they realistically won't ever compete with Real and Barca (and to a lesser extent Atletico). If we're serious about competing at the tip, we cant regularly sell our best players

Â