Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He plays Pereira like a fiddle at least eight times in this comp. Poor guy's gonna be having nightmares for weeks.

Every pass is actually beautiful.

11 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He plays Pereira like a fiddle at least eight times in this comp. Poor guy's gonna be having nightmares for weeks.

Couldn't have happened to a guy with a more punchable face

• Haha 2

His passes open up the whole pitch. If whoever gets the ball off Torres can find another player, we’re almost always on the attack. It’s that control of Torres’ brilliant passing that is key. 

I thought he had a shaky start to his time here but my God, what a player. I’m not one for stats most of the time but in this case, they don’t lie, he’s clearly one of our best players.

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I seen him in Morrison's, Droitwich about 3yrs ago.

He’s a lovely guy. He does do some Co comms for villa tv but he’s got quite a distinctive voice so I’d definitely recognise it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Beautiful to watch, looked quite quick I thought at times when defending...although maybe their players aren't that quick?

Pau Torres reminds me of an NFL Quarterback, someone like Joe Montana. 

Torres dictates the play, you can see the opposition (Fulham) almost in awe of him, they don't know what to do and they aren't closing him down so fast as the game went on.

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Beautiful to watch, looked quite quick I thought at times when defending...although maybe their players aren't that quick?

Torres dictates the play, you can see the opposition (Fulham) almost in awe of him, they don't know what to do and they aren't closing him down so fast as the game went on.

His timing is impeccable. Every pass seems to be played at the right time. 

If we can find the right footed version of him we’ll win even more games. 

19 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Instantly sets up an attack with his passes he has a range of passing and this is what makes the difference opposed to short neat and tidy completions along the back line.

On 18/02/2024 at 15:44, wishywashy said:

His range of passing, particularly low/ground passes is exceptional for a centre back. He's part defender, part playmaker.

Always forward, always finding a specific player. No hoof, no hope. He's just fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've never thought about that before, that's a brilliant description. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2024 at 16:20, Stevo985 said:

He’s a lovely guy. He does do some Co comms for villa tv but he’s got quite a distinctive voice so I’d definitely recognise it

Lispy soft

• Like 1

On 18/02/2024 at 16:06, Delphinho123 said:

His passes open up the whole pitch. If whoever gets the ball off Torres can find another player, we’re almost always on the attack. It’s that control of Torres’ brilliant passing that is key. 

I thought he had a shaky start to his time here but my God, what a player. I’m not one for stats most of the time but in this case, they don’t lie, he’s clearly one of our best players.

it’s also effortless as well. It looks like he’s having a stroll along the beach. When he plays he will not be hurried. He has the ability like all of the great ones to see things before they happen right up there with God in my opinion.

Â