Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Comfortably our most underrated player. Not only is he absolutely brilliant on the ball, I think everyone recognises that, but his off the ball work leading the defensive line and conducting the transition is exceptional. 

I'm hesitant to call him world class, because of his physical deficiencies, however it hasn't really been an issue since game week 3 or 4 because how we set up doesn't require him to be anything other than Pau Torres. That said, he has adapted to the PL so quickly, we might be looking back on him in a few years as a club legend. 

• Like 2

If you press him high he will chip it over you. If you low block he will thread the ball through the eye of the needle.  And he is the Iceman. Nerves of steel. Even if he loses it he never panics and smashes it. He reminded me of Liverpools Thiago in that second half against City. The ball just kept on going back to him. Quarterback with his left foot. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Why does he have "Pau" and not "Torres" on his shirt anyway?

Phillip Billings has "Phillip" on the back of his shirt. Pau is a pretty cool name so I like the decision. 

Did anyone notice his subtle touch by handing his tracksuit top to the shivering mascot, whose hand he was holding? Love this guy. 

I've had the privilege to watch arguably the greatest defensive centre- half in claret and blue, but, I think Torres may well turn put to be the best centre- half in possession of the ball to play for this great club of ours.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 14:01, Xela said:

Wonderful player.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think Mings will get back into the team. 

So far this season Konsa has played 18 games, Carlos 16, Pau 17 games, Lenglet 5 - and it’s only December, and we went out of the League Cup first game. Where we are going in the next couple of years there will be plenty of gametime for everyone who performs to the level required!

On 11/12/2023 at 23:34, Mantis said:

Why does he have "Pau" and not "Torres" on his shirt anyway?

So when we sign Ferran Torres in Jan, we won't get them confused ;)

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

So far this season Konsa has played 18 games, Carlos 16, Pau 17 games, Lenglet 5 - and it’s only December, and we went out of the League Cup first game. Where we are going in the next couple of years there will be plenty of gametime for everyone who performs to the level required!

Maybe, I see Mings as the Lenglet replacement there. Plus if we sign a new RB, then Konsa might not be asked to play there as much, maybe reducing the playing time of Carlos? Mind you, there will always be injuries and suspensions to cover with all the games we play. 

His lovely comment regarding the effect of the Stadium reminds me of a comment once made by an ex player who said something like, when you're on that pitch with a packed crowd behind you, you can almost feel the sense, the spirit of all those famous ex players who have also had the privilege of wearing those beautiful colours. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â