Pau Torres

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Played against the worst side in the league.

Looked comfortable on the ball but defensively far bigger tests to come.

Everton aren’t the worst side in the league to be fair. But great timing after last weekend and will be good for his confidence 

I don't get this. This signing was seen by every neutral I know and all pundits I've listened to as a major coup for the club. And some are acting like they don't think he'll be able to defend in the Premier league. 

I'm confused. 

• Like 3

While Everton are absolute dogshite, to an extent they are more likely to expose Torres’ weaknesses (physicality, aerial duels). It would have been interesting to see how he did for the full 90 had DCL stayed on. For those at the game, how did he fare while DCL was on the pitch?

To an extent, I’m more worried about him against the likes of West Ham, Everton, forest than against arsenal, Brighton etc

It might seem a strange thing to say but we bought Torres for his attacking contribution too. We saw some glimpses of it in the game, but he's got a beautiful long pass on him and the ability to find attackers from range. It's a very useful weapon to have, seeing as teams think we'll just play it short from the back. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get this. This signing was seen by every neutral I know and all pundits I've listened to as a major coup for the club. And some are acting like they don't think he'll be able to defend in the Premier league. 

I'm confused. 

First time on VillaTalk? 😁

We we’re diagnosing Coutinho yesterday in real time, we will have retired Artificial Intelligence way before Terminator 1 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm confused. 

Makes no sense. Has played for years at the top level in Spain and internationally for Spain, but won't be able to hack it here?

He'll be fine. He might not be making thunderous tackles but on the ball he's excellent

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm confused. 

I think it's really not about Pau at all. It's about people being anxious about losing Mings who is our most dominant defensive player and a leader. What losing Mings does mean is Pau has to go straight into the LCB role and not get added time to work on his game and eased in a bit to the PL. 

If it was 3 months into the season and Pau and Carlos were looking good and adapted to the league it would be less of a worry 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

His ball carrying, passing and retention is top class. That’s why we signed him. He will create a lot for us when in possession. 

I do like him on left of a back 3 in possession. It'll be interesting to see if we go with Moreno Pau Carlos Konsa as a back 4 sooner or later. 

Â