Pau Torres

Delphinho123

If you go to the original tweet, it doesn’t specifically say that we’re paying the release clause, just says that we’re interested, and then mentions the release clause in the next bullet point. 

Informs @pedro_morata 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 He @AVFCOfficial goes all out for @pauttorres to reinforce his defense

👉🏻 He has a termination clause of 65 million euros and his contract ends next season

📻 #PartidazoCOPE

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

If you go to the original tweet, it doesn’t specifically say that we’re paying the release clause, just says that we’re interested, and then mentions the release clause in the next bullet point. 

Informs @pedro_morata 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 He @AVFCOfficial goes all out for @pauttorres to reinforce his defense

👉🏻 He has a termination clause of 65 million euros and his contract ends next season

📻 #PartidazoCOPE

45 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It'll end up €45m plus stacked add ons and selling on fee.

That's my guessing too.

We might not trigger the clause but we could offer various sweeteners in the deal - if a deal were to materialise.

• Like 1

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fichajes/20230625/1002028873/emery-monchi-aprietan-pau-torres.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=futbol

Among the suitors that Pau Torres , 26, has had these past weeks, one above all of them has accelerated his interest in the last hours. This is Unai Emery's Aston Villa , as coach, and Monchi , as sports director, two people who know the center-back well.

Pau ends his contract with the Castellón team in June 2024 and has a termination clause of 60 million euros. But the fact that he only has a year of commitment ahead of him would significantly reduce his price if Villarreal agrees to negotiate. According to various media, the price of the transfer could be around 30-35 million euros.

The Aston Villa option is gaining strength after the interest of Juventus and Bayern Munich is not as insistent. Furthermore, the player seems to be more attracted to playing in the Premier League than in Serie A or the Bundesliga.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Think I read somewhere that Bayern would look to sign him if Lucas Hernandez left, and it looks as though he has now agreed terms with PSG, so we might miss out on this one. 

If bayern want him then we have no chance. Suprised they havent looked at any chelsea defenders tbh

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Think I read somewhere that Bayern would look to sign him if Lucas Hernandez left, and it looks as though he has now agreed terms with PSG, so we might miss out on this one. 

Aren't the in for Kim Min-Jae? If they get him would they still go for Torres?

When did it switch over where you can't talk to players before a bid has been accepted?

"Tapping up" doesn't seem to exist any more. I didn't notice it disappear really, it used to be a big deal when players were being tapped up.

Now it's exclusively agreeing deals with players before clubs.

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Im waiting for the PSG bid.

Same - Not getting excited by this until he's holding the shirt.. and even then I would be worried that the shirt would be a Villa/PSG half-and-half shirt

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When did it switch over where you can't talk to players before a bid has been accepted?

"Tapping up" doesn't seem to exist any more. I didn't notice it disappear really, it used to be a big deal when players were being tapped up.

Now it's exclusively agreeing deals with players before clubs.

Etiquette is still asking the club for permission first I believe. On the principle the club is open to selling and you can agree a fee later. If the player is not open to moving to you there's no point in proceeding and getting everybody hot and bothered otherwise. Hence a bid being near the end of the process.

astounded by the figures being chucked about for a player in his final year of his contract. i know he's a big 'name' but is he worth it? bearing in mind CB is one position where we're already in good shape.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Not sure how reliable the source is. But if it’s correct, sound like he’d come here if Bayern don’t come in for him.

He's Bayern's replacement for Hernandez who is supposed to be joining PSG. So Torres goes to Bayern when that deal is wrapped up. Of it falls through then Torres might end up joining us

Â