Youri Tielemans

thejoker

That's basically the type of player he is, very good on the ball, good vision, good passing, good at set-peices, and also good at shooting. But if people expecting him to be putting in tackles, closing players down, and running around at 1000mph then they're going to be disappointed, the good thing is what he is good at he's extremely good at, there will be other playes in the team to do the stuff he's not good at.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see us play at times with a three man midfielder with him playing ahead of Luiz and Kamara, almost playing in a similar area to where Buendia plays, truth be told in our system he's probably more suited to playing in No.10 area than he is as a No.6.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

That's basically the type of player he is, very good on the ball, good vision, good passing, good at set-peices, and also good at shooting. But if people expecting him to be putting in tackles, closing players down, and running around at 1000mph then they're going to be disappointed, the good thing is what he is good at he's extremely good at, there will be other playes in the team to do the stuff he's not good at.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see us play at times with a three man midfielder with him playing ahead of Luiz and Kamara, almost playing in a similar area to where Buendia plays, truth be told in our system he's probably more suited to playing in No.10 area than he is as a No.6.

More of a controlling type of player it seems but then with the progressive stats of Buendia and not the good parts. Tries lots of forward balls and lots dont come off. As always Emery will see a different role for him a bit like Pep does. You are right he might be more of a 10 at times. He has many luiz type skills and also buendia type skills. I look forward to him being reinvented as some kind of Thiago type player that becomes essential to the way we play  

Emery always made lots of subs and changes to his starting 11 at other clubs. With no euro football last season and limited options he played the same 12 or 13 as much as he could  . 

I fully expect that to change massively wirh euro football. If he has 18 or 19 that he can rely on with no significant decrease in quality then he will change the team game to game and week to week  

Tielemans hasnt come to sit on the bench. He has come to play 30 plus games and rightly so. 

• Like 1

I have been watching loads of clips of him and he has a great passing range. Some of his slide rule passes were beating two players and perfectly in the path of Barnes, Vardy, etc. 

Could do with improving his long range shots. Thwack in the top corner? Not good enough Youri.

He has the potential to be our POTS next year, Emery can give him the platform to shine in this system, the rest is up to him. Deffo has the talent, reckon we have got a real steal on a free transfer here. Potential signings will look at this and think its a quality acquisition too, hope we see him score some long range shots at VP (starting at home v Everton on the first day of the season if the leaked fixture list is to be believed :P)

30 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

He has the potential to be our POTS next year, Emery can give him the platform to shine in this system, the rest is up to him. Deffo has the talent, reckon we have got a real steal on a free transfer here. Potential signings will look at this and think its a quality acquisition too, hope we see him score some long range shots at VP (starting at home v Everton on the first day of the season if the leaked fixture list is to be believed :P)

Guy on podcast I listened to wonders if signing for us appealed as may not have to play 90 mins every week. He's played just shy of 35000 mins in 10 years since age of 16. I don't see him being automatic starter every game

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Guy on podcast I listened to wonders if signing for us appealed as may not have to play 90 mins every week. He's played just shy of 35000 mins in 10 years since age of 16. I don't see him being automatic starter every game

The playing minutes aren’t going to impact on a players ability or physical performance, they will increase the chance of long term injury if not properly managed.

Tielemans issues were Rodgers playing him twice a week becuase there was no other option, playing an extra 25 games a season than the rest of the squad which will affect a player over the course of a season.

Properly rested and managed, we will see the best of the player.

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's about 38 games a season average. Pretty sure he's come in to play all the games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Good point

saw this on the Leicester forum, really paints a picture.

I can see why some make comments that he looks like he is/has burnt his body out a bit, might be clever for Emery to manage his minutes a little from time to time.

image.png.c4922536c762a74d22ac2c41fe53a974.png

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

saw this on the Leicester forum, really paints a picture.

I can see why some make comments that he looks like he is/has burnt his body out a bit, might be clever for Emery to manage his minutes a little from time to time.

image.png.c4922536c762a74d22ac2c41fe53a974.png

WTF is that

Â