Youri Tielemans

thejoker

31 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Leaving Tielemans aside - Emery has made a career out of signing underwhelming players and making them fantastic. Look at his Villarreal and Sevilla lineups. It’s what he does. So if you are underwhelmed by this signing, it’s probably a good thing and it probably won’t be the last time.

Completely agree mate.

Moreno was £12,000,000. Borderline half a Chukwuemeka. Half a Digne. A fifth of Marc Cucurella. What would Moreno cost Chelsea or City now? Double? Treble that? 

Same old story, love everything the coach does and then be incredibly disappointed when he signs a player who does not excite the fanbase. 

Its exciting to have players who train to make each other better. Who competed with Ollie last season? Or Konsa and Ming's? You want Champions League, get used to a squad like this.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's more that you're really disappointed in a guy that most of us expect to be a sub

And given that role in the team he's a damn good one

If he is a sub, we're paying him A LOT of money in wages to sit on the bench...  He was on £120k/week at Leicester and I'd imagine we're paying him more to bring him to Villa Park.  Our 5 highest earners are now Kamara, Digne, Coutinho, Tielemans, and Diego Carlos, 4/5 players not in our starting 11.  

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If he is a sub, we're paying him A LOT of money in wages to sit on the bench...  He was on £120k/week at Leicester and I'd imagine we're paying him more to bring him to Villa Park.  Our 5 highest earners are now Kamara, Digne, Coutinho, Tielemans, and Diego Carlos, 4/5 players not in our starting 11.  

That just kind of is what it is

Not overly worried about who earns what

The wages in general are only heading one way

Edit - another way of looking at it would be all of our top earners were signed in the last 18 months, which says something in itself

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That just kind of is what it is

Not overly worried about who earns what

The wages in general are only heading one way

We need about 15 players of starting quality. We won’t be playing the same XI every game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

interesting midfield 3 there.......

very surprised by kamara's stats tho tbh.

image.png.e9c12417a5581df0a629bc701467b2ad.pngimage.png.c5b6342ffb804158dc6f20978cbaab11.pngimage.png.d30e1355239882327ba796b0e4f748fb.png

Looks to me like we will see a 4-3-3 with Kamara playing slightly deeper / defensively and looking to lay the ball off to Luiz or Tielemans to try and look to initiate our more attacking play.  Means that Moreno can continue to have licence to bomb down the left and not leave us exposed to the counter.  I know stats aren't everything but for him to be comparable / ahead of Luiz for last season makes me think that maybe he's not been as bad as may have been suggested.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very good signing on a free..

Interesting that his long passing gets a bit of a hammering. 

I suspect the youtuber who made the video has forgotten that a lot of the long balls would've been because of Leicester's direct style of play and more likely to be a ball into a  channel that is more likely to be cut out. 

I'm slightly unsure about this, not because I don't think he is a good player because he definitely is but unsure because of how poor Leicester were and how little fight that tram seemed to have.

However my feelings are overuled by the simple mantra I follow....

In Unai, I trust

Welcome Youri, you are now a Villan!

• Like 2

Â