Youri Tielemans

thejoker

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

It really, really isn’t.

Unless you honestly believe it’s every players’ dream to play in Riyadh. 

No PL is highest paying on average and is most competitive and highest profile league. It's not really in dispute atm

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No PL is highest paying on average and is most competitive and highest profile league. It's not really in dispute atm

FIFA league rankings confirm this...

Asensio wanted an easier league, Arabic wealth, fortune...

Most players probably want this too which is why we might miss out on a few.

However to compete at the highest level in the best league in the World is what some players aspire to, hopefully we attract the right players because of this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

FIFA league rankings confirm this...

Asensio wanted an easier league, Arabic wealth, fortune...

Most players probably want this too which is why we might miss out on a few.

However to compete at the highest level in the best league in the World is what some players aspire to, hopefully we attract the right players because of this.

There's a difference between the likes of PSG who can offer the money and opportunity to try win CL every year and moving to Villa. 

Roma have no CL and have a fight to ever get it same as we have. We can offer more money and we are in the better League. 

Losing Asensio to PSG is very different to losing Tielemans to Roma. 

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Hmmm, centre of rome is an incredible place to live. suburbs not so much. Then though around the edges are a **** of beautiful towns which within 2 hours drive in any direction give you access to some of the most amazing parts of the world. Volcanoes, lakes, mountains, islands, beaches, forests, ancient sites in all that natural amazingness and to top it off some of the finest food and wine to be had anywhere in the worls. The beer is good now too.

If he's making a football decision though, AVFC is a far better run club which is on the up.    Roma is going to go through some upheaval and it's not certain what way it'll go.

But is it as nice as Lecce??? 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Doesn't that mean milk?

I think you are thinking of latte.  Always fun to watch tourists order a latte here and be asked whether they want it hot or cold by a puzzled local.  Almost as funny as people asking for peperoni pizza and being surprised to get a vegetarian meal.

4 minutes ago, allani said:

I think you are thinking of latte.  Always fun to watch tourists order a latte here and be asked whether they want it hot or cold by a puzzled local.  Almost as funny as people asking for peperoni pizza and being surprised to get a vegetarian meal.

It was a pune or play on words on leche. As in cafe con leche (yes I know that's Spanish)

You can't land them all.

• Haha 1

People who keep referring to " Arabic Wealth " and " Oil Money "  types etc... Realise where our owner is from and what some of his business interests entail right? 👀

Although... we could say he's " African " to make ourselves feel better. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People who keep referring to " Arabic Wealth " and " Oil Money "  types etc... Realise where our owner is from and what some of his business interests entail right? 👀

I think the difference with Sawiris is he’s not profiting directly from hydrocarbon sales as the scion of a rentier state. 

But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Egypt is technically in Africa. And Sawiris is a Christian not some women and gay killing regime.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Well Egypt is technically in Africa. And Sawiris is a Christian not some women and gay killing regime.

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole, but I think Egypt is both in Africa (mainland), and Asia (Sinai).

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think the difference with Sawiris is he’s not profiting directly from hydrocarbon sales as the scion of a rentier state. 

But I could be wrong. 

He's also not using his ownership of us to mask the activities of his countries government (I don't believe...). Doesn't make him a saint, but I don't put him in the same bracket as the state's that actually directly own other clubs and kill innocent people.

Can't help where he was born. He's donated millions to philanthropic ventures to help the people of his country. I don't expect him to be vocal about condemning Egypt's activities though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Oh boy, nobody tell him about the history of Christianity. 

Not sure how/why religion got into that insult?

• Haha 2

Amazing how this has 16 pages & no real concrete links, only links are from sources that on here people say there not credible,  oh & the Leicester fan who has family & wife that knows Tielemans wife. 🤣🤣🤣 

Â