Youri Tielemans

thejoker

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Why do you suspect that? 

Because every piece of speculation has no substance. It’s basically boiled down to: Villa are interested and will consider a move. People got suckered in by a Leicester fan on a wind-up too. Tielemans has many great qualities. But it doesn’t mean we explore our interest into anything substantial. I could be wrong. I just think had we wanted him, we’d have done so by now. Suspect we have different targets. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

You probably shouldn't form opinions of players based on YouTube vids they aren't the best marker on how to judge a player.

You are right, obviously, but they can give you an idea.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because every piece of speculation has no substance. It’s basically boiled down to: Villa are interested and will consider a move. People got suckered in by a Leicester fan on a wind-up too. Tielemans has many great qualities. But it doesn’t mean we explore our interest into anything substantial. I could be wrong. I just think had we wanted him, we’d have done so by now. Suspect we have different targets. 

The window doesn't open until the 14th June and players contracts run out on 30th June so don't expect any announcements until then

Doesn't mean there's nothing going on behind the scenes though!!

Edited by pintpotvilla

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Best way to approach it is never think too much about a transfer until the player has a photoshoot in a shirt.

This is my approach with this years summer transfer window.

If it happens it happens..

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So yesterday he was signing and now he's not?

These player threads are a waste of time...

Exactly. People keep starting them off the back of crap information. Looks really desperate and a bit of a joke. I honestly think these should all be in ‘Other Football’ until someone is signed. Keep the main forum for actual players of Aston Villa. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tayls said:

Exactly. People keep starting them off the back of crap information. Looks really desperate and a bit of a joke. I honestly think these should all be in ‘Other Football’ until someone is signed. Keep the main forum for actual players of Aston Villa. 

I think the same, cringed when I came on and saw a thread for Lionel Messi, but The Athletic and other UK media have reported Villa are interested in Tielemans so it was probably worth opening a thread to discuss but people need to stop believing random Leicester twitter accounts saying its a done deal when nobody reliable has even said it was close. 

• Like 2

The thread was started off the back of a report from The Athletic, which as much as people like piling on Gregg Evans is as legitimate a source as any these days. Don't really see the problem.

13 hours ago, av1 said:

Thanks for the response mate. But I guess that poses then another question. 

You’ve made your fellings known about Rodger’s in the same way we feel about Gerrard. But how do you apportion the blame? The manger was a prat but surely if  the good players you have down tools then that is a problem with them? 

Mods I know we have a Leicester thread so I’m not trying to go OT, but I ask the question because it’s a concern I have about this particular player. 

Do you blame yourself at work if the culture there is shite, the managers are all shite and you go into work not feeling wanted and you can't wait to get out the door? Or do you blame those who made you feel like that. 

Now I'm sure most of us have professional pride in what we do and still try our best. But at that level, if you aren't at 100% it can make a massive difference. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babyblue said:

Do you blame yourself at work if the culture there is shite, the managers are all shite and you go into work not feeling wanted and you can't wait to get out the door? Or do you blame those who made you feel like that. 

Now I'm sure most of us have professional pride in what we do and still try our best. But at that level, if you aren't at 100% it can make a massive difference. 

Yeah, fair point mate. 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we hold any interest in him he'd join us over Roma so speculation about clubs we can pay more than and are not in financial trouble don't worry me. If he joins them we weren't interested 

Rome or Birmingham what a tough choice

Europa League or Conference League

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He currently lives in Leicester mate. I should think that he’ll be bloody delighted to shift across to sunny Brum!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mate people were certain about Asensio picking Villa over PSG, there's no winning this one.

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I’m not saying Roma aren’t an attractive option, of course they are but you’ve oversimplified it. He’s married with kids by all accounts, if his family are settled in the Uk, kids in schools etc and they’re not that fussed by the massive upheaval of a move abroad away from anyone they know, then he might just not fancy it. A move to a major Champions League club could make the upheaval worthwhile but Roma? Maybe/maybe not.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Roma play regular european football. They are based in Rome. They just played a European final.

But that's not the point. 

The point is there are a million possible reasons why he doesn't necessarily sign for Villa. Such as;

1. He would prefer to move to Italy
2. Roma have put a better offer
3. His partner is interested in Rome
4. He wants to try a different league
5. There is a greater chance for him to start games
6. He is not driven by money but a new adventure
etc etc.

I am simply disputing your statement that 'if he signs for Roma we were never in for him'. That is not a fact. That is one of the possible reasons. But it's entirely possible a good player on a free transfer chooses a different club. 

All footballers are about money. Every other sound bite they say is linked specifically to money. I want to play CL = I want to move to a club who pay more money. I want to move to the Premier League = PL pay more money. I want a new challenge = I want to move to another club on an improved contact.

It's about money. Always.

• Sad 1

Â