Youri Tielemans

thejoker

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think there’s a plaice for this sort of speculation.

indeed, who doesnt like a shoal of interesting threads to peruse?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Thanks for the response mate. But I guess that poses then another question. 

You’ve made your fellings known about Rodger’s in the same way we feel about Gerrard. But how do you apportion the blame? The manger was a prat but surely if  the good players you have down tools then that is a problem with them? 

Mods I know we have a Leicester thread so I’m not trying to go OT, but I ask the question because it’s a concern I have about this particular player. 

Can’t say I watched Leicester that closely but Rodgers’ continued (and, to be fair, pretty justified) whining about lack of investment made me want to down tools and I am not even a footballer. If you spend two years complaining the players you have aren’t good enough for what you want to do, at some point they’ll stop playing for you. Hence: manager a prat, and also players downing tools - both can be true.

Edited by Adam2003

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah fair enough...well I've just watched a YT vid of him, as not seen loads of him before. Tbh, he looks to have more to his game than I thought he did. Very tidy player.

You probably shouldn't form opinions of players based on YouTube vids they aren't the best marker on how to judge a player.

5 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Spanner in the works? Genuine interest, or a final push from the agent to get a bit more out of us? 

I would guess he will have plenty of offers given you don't have to pay any transfer fee to get him. It will be up to him to choose where he wants to go. 

11 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Spanner in the works? Genuine interest, or a final push from the agent to get a bit more out of us? 

If we hold any interest in him he'd join us over Roma so speculation about clubs we can pay more than and are not in financial trouble don't worry me. If he joins them we weren't interested 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we hold any interest in him he'd join us over Roma so speculation about clubs we can pay more than and are not in financial trouble don't worry me. If he joins them we weren't interested 

If one of the famous European clubs from Rome beats us to signing a top player on a free transfer, that means we weren't interested?

7 hours ago, thunderball said:

….but these player threads are where you can debate the merits or otherwise, how it might change the set up/formation, it’s not just about the strength of a rumour. 

Yeah agreed, don't really get all the commotion over threads being started as long as they're within some kind of reason. It's not like they push extremely busy, more relevant other ones off the page or anything. As you say it creates other conversations too that wouldn't otherwise happen.

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If one of the famous European clubs from Rome beats us to signing a top player on a free transfer, that means we weren't interested?

Yes.  Villa are a bigger club than Roma, play in the PL and can offer more wages.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Are Roma "the famous" European Clubs! 

Juve, AC Milan and Inter probably the only famous clubs. Roma a tier 2 Italian club like Lazio or Napoli 

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yes.  Villa are a bigger club than Roma, play in the PL and can offer more wages.

Exactly. Better League. More money and better chance at providing CL football. (Roma are in FFP trouble)

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly. Better League. More money and better chance at providing CL football. (Roma are in FFP trouble)

Roma play regular european football. They are based in Rome. They just played a European final.

But that's not the point. 

The point is there are a million possible reasons why he doesn't necessarily sign for Villa. Such as;

1. He would prefer to move to Italy
2. Roma have put a better offer
3. His partner is interested in Rome
4. He wants to try a different league
5. There is a greater chance for him to start games
6. He is not driven by money but a new adventure
etc etc.

I am simply disputing your statement that 'if he signs for Roma we were never in for him'. That is not a fact. That is one of the possible reasons. But it's entirely possible a good player on a free transfer chooses a different club. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yes.  Villa are a bigger club than Roma.

If you were to ask anyone outside of Villa fans they might argue otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Roma are one of the most famous clubs in Italy. I suspect we were never interested to begin with. 

Why do you suspect that? 

Â