Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

We don't necessarily have to win a game. We could draw one and still be fine. 

We actually don’t even need to draw one.

if spuds lose to Liverpool and City we’re good.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

People jumping the gun a tad here, I feel. This is by no means done. We have to win a game.

We don't.

I'm not sure Spurs will overtake what we've got now and a draw for us in one of our last three would make that case a little stronger.

Posted (edited)

With spurs having lost 3 in a row (is it?) the likelihood of them losing 4 is quite low - so I’m going to assume they will pick up at least a point this weekend against Liverpool. Then they play Burnley, so we should expect a win for Spurs, followed by City and then Sheff Utd - where a minimum of 3 points is expected. So I make that 67 at least - all we have to do then is hope they fail to pull off a victory against Liverpool and/or City. 

Edited by Tayls

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

With spurs having lost 3 in a row (is it?) the likelihood of them losing 4 is quite low - so I’m going to assume they will pick up at least a point this weekend against Liverpool. Then they play Burnley, so we should expect a win for Spurs, followed by City and then Sheff Utd - where a minimum of 3 points is expected. So I make that 67 at least - all we have to do then is hope they fail to pull off a victory against Liverpool and/or City. 

I don't think this is the way reality works!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I don't think this is the way reality works!

Well, no, that’s why words such as ‘likelihood’ have been used. 

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Mathematically we don't but ideally we could get things wrapped up this weekend and then go to Greece without the pressure of CL qualification hanging over us. That would be a huge weight of the shoulders imo. 

Thanks Joleen

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

In Nov - Dec they lost to chelsea, wolves, villa then drew with man city then lost to west ham all in a row!

49 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

In Nov - Dec they lost to chelsea, wolves, villa then drew with man city then lost to west ham all in a row!

So not 4 defeats in a row then 😀

• Haha 1

All in on the Brighton game then can forget about the league and give one last push to smash the greeks. Really massive next 2 games.

12 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Is it bollocks. That's the one out the three I am most confident in.

I hope your right but i think you may need a lie down 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I hope your right but i think you may need a lie down 😂

You think that us beating Liverpool at Villa Park is so unbelievable that the mere suggestion of it requires a lie down?

Really?

• Like 1