Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've lost plenty but most of them have actually been fairly tight that they've won late on.

One thing's for sure though we can't be playing Lenglet against them as his lack of pace will be brutally exposed against their forwards.

They couldn't beat us under Lambert even though was a decade ago. Its not same as United and City away curse over us

• Like 1

If Spurs beat Liverpool, that will suck. BUT, if we beat Brighton and then beat Liverpool ourselves, we will finish third if we beat Palace and Liverpool lose to Wolves.

🎯

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Remember when everyone was rubbishing our away form in the Autumn/Winter period on here.

8 wins with still Brighton and Palace to come is a very good return and not far off what the title chasers have done.

I think it just shows the regular negative people around here havent a clue about football. Same people thought all the Premier League crap would finish over us and our season was called dead many times

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, maqroll said:

If Spurs beat Liverpool, that will suck. BUT, if we beat Brighton and then beat Liverpool ourselves, we will finish third if we beat Palace and Liverpool lose to Wolves.

🎯

Spurs also have to beat City

Also Liverpool were so pissed about the last Spurs game. They will be out for revenge

Edited by Zatman

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Spurs also have to beat City

Also Liverpool were so pissed about the last Spurs game. They will be out for revenge

I doubt it factors in to this game. All they care about is Klopps spat with Salah and his last few games.

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

🎯

Their superior goal difference of +20 over us guarantees them at least 3rd … 

I don't want to see Villa play by the skin of their teeth to the very end this season. It will stink if we still need to win and even achieve a certain goal difference on May 19 to get Champions League. Please, no. But no amount of stress would alter my positive perspective about Villa this year or about our future. It seems like the least I can do as a supporter is to back the players right now as our club faces our most momentous weeks in decades. My ill-informed bs opinions about this or that just aren't worth much in these times (if they're ever 😁), but I will offer this one: this is a really special and fun time to be a Villa fan. I've already been paid back in spades for my investment of supporting. I don't have much to complain about, no matter what happens. I just won't. Meanwhile, up the Villa.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We'd finish a point above them, no goal difference involved!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

🎯

I can’t see Spurs losing 4 in a row I think they may get something from the game maybe not a win but they could come away with a point.

52 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I can’t see Spurs losing 4 in a row I think they may get something from the game maybe not a win but they could come away with a point.

Arsenal  and at Chelsea were their best shot points against fellow "Big 6" clubs.  Liverpool at Anfield -  with only 2 days rest - is a tougher match than either of those. Pretty confident Liverpool will win this one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Liverpool have the best home record this season with 42 points so I’m hoping that  continues.  Liverpool are so strong at home with 13 wins out of 17 so far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

If we beat them 7-2 it’s just 10+

• Like 2

Was a good article in Athletic about finances if the new format. Seems to benefit big leagues and big clubs more. So they expect the base amount for English club to be around £50m in added income. We then have increased sponsorship payments and bonuses to pay players. 

If we can do well enough win a playoff and get to last 16 we would be into March playing CL

We are so close we need to see it out tomorrow. Just get that win

• Like 3

It's been asked before, but if we end up qualified in 4th by Monday Morning will Emery go all out or bust with our best side against the greeks

47 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

It's been asked before, but if we end up qualified in 4th by Monday Morning will Emery go all out or bust with our best side against the greeks

Erm.. yeh?