Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Any chance City are docked major points this season?

Zero chance. The hearing starts Autumn 2024 and is expected to last 6 months. The verdict is expected by summer 2025.  
They can then appeal which is expected to conclude by mid-way through the 2025/26 season. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Zero chance. The hearing starts Autumn 2024 and is expected to last 6 months. The verdict is expected by summer 2025.  
They can then appeal which is expected to conclude by mid-way through the 2025/26 season. 

And pick up a few more titles and millions of pounds along the way. 

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

By that time they'll probably get a parking fine for all that they have done..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

An interesting graphic… I think we’ll win at least 5 of those… not to mention Spurs lost to Fulham and we drew with Spam. Not even giving ‘that other team’ the satisfaction of mentioning them

IMG_6285.jpeg

Edited by alreadyexists
Removed offending reference to team
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

An interesting graphic… I think we’ll win at least 5 of those… not to mention Spurs lost to Fulham and we drew with Spam. Not even giving Man Utd the satisfaction of mentioning them

IMG_6285.jpeg

You just did 😉 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Damn, I’ve fallen in to the trap! 😂 

Haha love the edit. 

Tbf I’d probably rather play mid table teams than ones fighting relegation at this stage of the season. Although Burnley and Sheffield United most likely reheated by the time Spurs play them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't think there are that many mid table teams this year. There's 8 European spots if the coefficients work well that takes us down to Bournemouth in 13th 7 points behind current 8 th place. Then maybe palace are not quite clear of relegation on 29 points so maybe them. Everybody else is in the relegation scrap.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I reckon three wins and two draws would probably be enough to keep us clear of United.

Yeah Spurs are our main rival for 4/5th in my opinion. I still think we’ll get 4th though,  but nice to likely have that fall back of 5th for CL fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

An interesting graphic… I think we’ll win at least 5 of those… not to mention Spurs lost to Fulham and we drew with Spam. Not even giving ‘that other team’ the satisfaction of mentioning them

IMG_6285.jpeg

I feel the most important part of our respective runs is the stint where Spurs play Newcastle, City, Arsenal, and Liverpool. They could quite conceivably lose four games on the bounce and it really wouldn't be that much of a shock.

We need to get as much of a buffer in place as possible during that period and ahead of their last two fixtures as anything other than 6 points in those last two would be highly unusual.

3 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I feel the most important part of our respective runs is the stint where Spurs play Newcastle, City, Arsenal, and Liverpool. They could quite conceivably lose four games on the bounce and it really wouldn't be that much of a shock.

We need to get as much of a buffer in place as possible during that period and ahead of their last two fixtures as anything other than 6 points in those last two would be highly unusual.

Yep so long as we're 7 ahead of Spurs going into the last 2 games we're sweet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:
4 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Expand  

Yep so long as we're 7 ahead of Spurs going into the last 2 games we're sweet

Hasn’t the Man City game moved to/or will be moved to the last week of the season because City have advanced in the cup and the game now clashes?

Edited by nick76

To an extent, we're almost at the point where Spurs don't matter - a good week in Europe for English teams in April and 4th or 5th is largely unimportant in terms of the prize that's on offer.

If United win their game in hand, they're six points behind us and still a real threat - our fun of fixtures is really tough and I think we'll need eleven points from them - this could yet go all the way to the last day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To an extent, we're almost at the point where Spurs don't matter - a good week in Europe for English teams in April and 4th or 5th is largely unimportant in terms of the prize that's on offer.

If United win their game in hand, they're six points behind us and still a real threat - our fun of fixtures is really tough and I think we'll need eleven points from them - this could yet go all the way to the last day.

Will 5th have to go through a play off?

13 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Will 5th have to go through a play off?

Don't believe so as its extra places in CL due to the expanded format next season. Just straight into the mini league system 

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I reckon three wins and two draws would probably be enough to keep us clear of United.

Comfortably