Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He hasn't been too bad in recent weeks in fairness. @Tayls was somehow still last night whinging about how bad everything was, how terrible we are defensively (like all teams in the league just keep clean sheets v Liverpool) and how Spurs were going to beat Man. City 5-0 or something so only fair we see him give the team their dues for a fantastic season.

Still said it would go to the final day and scoffed at people who said it would be wrapped up before then

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

We'll be playing two of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, PSG, Inter, Dortmund, Leipzig or Barcelona. One at home, one away.

Absolutely **** staggering 

Yeah will have to get up to date with this new format.

I'd still rather have the old one as then you'd get a Munich or Madrid home and away. We'd have probably been lowest seeds so would've been a Newcastle type group but still would be great occasions.

This new format seems like all the others coming into football over last decade. More games just to see even less teams knocked out so can't say I'm a fan of that.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Amazing to think of all the days on the Championship the Fulham final loss and almost being bankrupt.

I think this is the sliding doors moment at the right time. 

Just less than six years ago, we were missing HMRC payments. 

What a journey. Never thought this day would come. 

• Like 3

I was in Rome last October and my daughter wanted a Roma football top. So we popped into a sports shop in the centre of Rome and I had a look around, and they had Man Utd , Man City Arsenal & Liverpool shirts, but no Villa. So I said to the Italian sales assistant give it a couple of years and this will all be Villa shirts. He laughed and looked slightly puzzled, but I am delighted that this team and this manager are going to be playing on the biggest European stage and maybe making my statement come true. Well done everybody concerned with Aston Villa FC. UTV.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tubby said:

OMFG that is the absolute best!!

know what’s even sweeter…….? That there’s only 4 teams from England. It’s made it that much sweeter and actually know we deserved every little bit.

boys have a cracker tonight and don’t stop drinking, saviour the night. Love this team, love you guys!

from your big tattooed Croat 😍🇭🇷

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm bored already ...

Let's moan about missing out on the title due to dropped points 🙄

You will come into your own when Villa 'struggle' against 'weak opponents' like Real Madrid & Bayern Munich & Paris St Germain, questioning why Tim Iroegbunam is not quite as good as their CDMs.