Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why some people are just " Free hitting " the Liverpool match and saying Palaca.

Nah I say go out all guns blazing against Pool and get it done.

They have every reason and all the motivation to do so now.

Pool are also out of the title race and will probably save their energy for the big A field send off. Or do I hope

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pool are also out of the title race and will probably save their energy for the big A field send off. Or do I hope

Klopp saying today they’re not mathematically out of it and they want to hit 80 points regardless. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Klopp saying today they’re not mathematically out of it and they want to hit 80 points regardless. 

They will be mathematically out of it if city win at lunch time tomorrow against Fulham 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Realistically we’ll get 4th, but seriously doubt us at Selhurst Park on current form. Have you seen Palace lately? They’ve been incredible.

a near full week of rest/prep, hopefully injured players fully recovered, and whilst they've been good, there are a lot tougher fixtures

if we need a result, there's worse teams we could be playing and with CL qualification on the line, i'm confident we'd get over the line

i'm just greedy/selfish and really would prefer to just have a party during that game than nerves

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why some people are just " Free hitting " the Liverpool match and saying Palaca.

Nah I say go out all guns blazing against Pool and get it done.

They have every reason and all the motivation to do so now.

Why? People are desperate to be "realistic." Or to panic. Or to practice a stubborn, go-for-broke optimism. I know it will sound patronising or paternalistic, but I suppose they're all just varieties of Villigious experiences and trying to cope with the excruciating unknown whilst having a lot of emotional investment in Villa.

I prefer your deliberate optimism myself because I think it's what the players think, too, and I like a feeling of connecting with that mentality?

It's been interesting to see all these perspectives, in any case. I like to witness them all.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Richarlison out for rest of the season. 

Oh good! Spurs should only beat Burnley 17-0 now, there is still hope for us 😅

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t get the mood on here. We lose one then we are doomed, win one and we will coast to the title. I thought we were done against Brentford and we’ve managed to get 7 points in 4 games - 1.75ppg. Even if you count Brentford then it’s 1.6ppg. Realistically we should win one of the next two. I think we only need one point. Yes we are **** but we were **** v Brentford too. I’m hopeful Zaniolo and Tielemans come back in Monday. It will make a world of difference. 

Something else to mention. Both against Chelsea and Brighton we adopted a strategy to conserve energy. We don’t need to do that anymore with no Europe. 

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 4

Just now, omariqy said:

I don’t get the mood on here. We lose one then we are doomed, win one and we will coast to the title. I thought we were done against Brentford and we’ve managed to get 7 points in 4 games - 1.75ppg. Even if you count Brentford then it’s 1.6ppg. Realistically we should win one of the next two. I think we only need one point. Yes we are **** but we were **** v Brentford too. I’m hopeful Zaniolo and Tielemans come back in Monday. It will make a world of difference. 

Seems like Tielemans is the most realistic return of those two. Moreno will be back as well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Seems like Tielemans is the most realistic return of those two. Moreno will be back as well.

He's the one we need the most 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We were all guns blazing against olympiakos, but because of the injuries the gun is more like a water pistol right now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

He’s playing through a calf injury and having an operation when season is over. He will play in the last three games.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

He’s playing through a calf injury and having an operation when season is over. He will play in the last three games.

The Athletic are saying that his season's over: is there something suggesting otherwise?

Edit: Seen that Ange didn't say he was unavailable in his press conference earlier on today: given the timeframes of the announcements you might be right. Or Ange's lying.

Edited by wishywashy

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

he's been out a lot this season hasnt he.