Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

When was the last Time Liverpool lost 2 homes games in a row.......we're not watching a Good Liverpool team, we are watching a team  collapse.

The past few weeks.  They've lost at home to Atalanta and Palace.

• Like 3

Just now, omariqy said:

Back on topic, any news on Palmer or Gusto? I think Udogie will be a massive miss for Spurs. They can't play the same way without him. 

I'd expect Palmer to be back given it was illness. Gusto I'd be less sure of.

My only worry with Chelsea is how we've played so badly against them twice already this season. Seems like a bit of an anomaly with our form.

Sometimes teams just have a knack against certain opposition so I hope that's not the case here.

Win that game and the fat lady will be warming up

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Mate you're the one who came at me calling me defeatist and a non believer and deluded. 

And then moaned about name calling and saying you wouldn't criticise people :D 

Anyway let's leave it there. we're derailing the thread. You can PM me if you want to carry on

I didn't call YOU defeatist at all...it was the rhetoric on the thread...

It was someone else who made the comment about third yet you didn't go after them like you did me; I merely agreed with them that it would be nice....

Liverplop could implode, likewise Villa are on a good run...it's possible....

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I didn't call YOU defeatist at all...it was the rhetoric on the thread...

It was someone else who made the comment about third yet you didn't go after them like you did me; I merely agreed with them that it would be nice....

Liverplop could implode, likewise Villa are on a good run...it's possible....

😬

There's no harm looking up at Liverpool, but I really can't see us overtaking them.

We're 8 points behind, effectively 9 with GD, we beat them at VP (no given) then it's a 6 point gap with 9 points to play for and  I really can't see them not winning on Klopps final home game.

We have 4 tricky matches, but I do think if we beat Chelsea Saturday we will finish top 4. I think 9 points will be too much for Spurs to catch (even with the 3 games in hand). 

Weirdly, I feel probably more confident of turning Liverpool over than Brighton / Palace.

Chelsea game is absolutely massive. 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I also feel Villa can beat Liverplop; if we maintain our form and win that it would be amazing.

We played very well right at the end of last season at Anfield when they were in better form than they are now (we're the same level pretty much) so not sure why that's automatically being written off.

It's not even Klopp's final game and they'll save all their energy for his home farewell.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think I'm mostly worried about Palace out of our remaining fixtures now!  Let's have it wrapped up by then please.

Same, they look fantastic at the minute under Glasner. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think I'm mostly worried about Palace out of our remaining fixtures now!  Let's have it wrapped up by then please.

I'm most worried about Chelsea because it's next. Just gotta take it 1 game at a time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Enough boys, its boring now.

We are about to get Champs League, be nice x

Some things change… but Villa fans bickering and turning on each other never will 😆

Let’s secure 4th before we start worrying about or even considering 3rd 😆

one step at a time, I’ll be delighted and elated if we manage to do it… especially if there are games to spare…

at least the pressure is off us and on them… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I really hope we've clinched 4th by then, not sure my nerves could take it! 

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s secure 4th before we start worrying about or even considering 3rd 😆

one step at a time, I’ll be delighted and elated if we manage to do it… especially if there are games to spare…

at least the pressure is off us and on them… 

But we probably won't secure 4th until the last or last but one game of the season.

It's only hypothetical.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Palace have beaten Liverpool, West Ham and Newcastle in last 3! Got a bit of a new manager bounce going on it seems. 

I reckon 4th will be tied up by them anyway.

Yeah that’s going to be a tough(er) game…