Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

12 minutes ago, Sgl said:

4 games to go in the premier league season. European football for next season already confirmed. Europa league at a minimum and Champions league qualification in our own hands. A European cup semi-final to come. I was optimistic coming into this season, but this is beyond belief.

Regardless of what happens in the next 5 weeks, What a time to be a Villa fan. I’m beyond proud of this team.

Season for the ages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Did you think Scot Hogan was the missing piece of the jigsaw when we signed him?

How do you feel about cabbages, as they relate to football?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ceemo said:

That last game at Palace is looking tougher and tougher. They have been fantastic in the past 10 days.

It might not matter and even if it does id back is to win there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmac said:

Liverpool v spurs game is at anfield, think that makes a big differences as Kloop penultimate last home game and crowd be wanting to win that especially after reverse fixture and the wrong VAR call. As for our game, they have nothing to play for now so defo won’t be as up for it as before. Result also lifts arsenal for the weekend! 

Yes good point about Liverpool last home game for Klopp

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Litmus test for the inevitable future bandwagon Villa fans: "How did you feel during the Round Badge Season?"

21 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Did you think Scot Hogan was the missing piece of the jigsaw when we signed him?

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How do you feel about cabbages, as they relate to football?

Did Ross McCormack encountering his own gates make you think that being a football fan wasn’t for you?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ceemo said:

That last game at Palace is looking tougher and tougher. They have been fantastic in the past 10 days.

Famous last words…but I don’t think it’s going to be as crucial for us to win as I thought it would be.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we beat Chelsea we finish officially above Scumchester united for the first time since 89/90. 

My entire life I didnt think this was ever possible and now im ever so close to seeing this what a moment, now securing champions league will be a dream this will mean 100x more than winning ECL as i have always dreamed of us being part of it, FA cups, Premier League titles, Europa (Uefa) cup those are competitions i have grown up with and seen other clubs gain success and envied for so long and for that matter is is extremely important we qualify for this  as there is so much novelty in this.

Always wanted to win a FA Cup or Premier League at least once in my lifetime come on Emery work your magic 🪄 

Everton beating liverpool after Palace did so the other week yeah thats gonna make Liverpool not even concede another goal for the rest of the season now 😤

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Everton beating liverpool after Palace did so the other week yeah thats gonna make Liverpool not even concede another goal for the rest of the season now 😤

Would mean spurs not beating them and having one less game to make up the points they need to overtake us. I'd take that. 

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Spurs will probably beat Liverpool the state they're in but so will we. They're cooked

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would mean spurs not beating them and having one less game to make up the points they need to overtake us. I'd take that. 

Also means us not beating them too and in hindsight id drop points to Chelsea if it means we beat them, send Klopp off in style 😌… i think Liverpool will see them off especially at Anfield 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Spurs will probably beat Liverpool the state they're in but so will we. They're cooked

Everyone is slipping up now at the top, City will follow suit just watch 🫡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Everyone is slipping up now at the top, City will follow suit just watch 🫡

Kind of hope they do to keep it interesting and keep them all needing to beat spurs. But I think their dominance will start now with all the players they've got that have been rotated throughout the season relatively fresher than the Liverpool and Arsenal players. They'll win their two in hand and probably not look back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgl said:

Did Ross McCormack encountering his own gates make you think that being a football fan wasn’t for you?

No, but I did change career and retrain as an electronic gates maintenance man. Lots of work around!

• Haha 2

Â