Marco Asensio

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So he’s just announcing that he’s leaving RM? 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

So he's either going to say that he's staying at Real Madrid (most likely?), or that he's signing for PSG, or signing for Villa.

But why would Asensio be making that announcement and not the club(s) involved?

Think it'll be a 'thanks for having me, I'll never forget it's etc. Announcement. And then we should see things move quickly as he finds a new club.

I don't anticipate it'll be Lebron James' The Decision 🤣

• Haha 1

If he was going to join PSG he'd just stay at Madrid. PSG - as far as I'm aware - are looking for a new coach. How can they be looking to sign a player who wants regular first team football when nobody knows who will be picking the team. 

Who in PL can offer him what we can offer? Arsenal offer him what? backup to Saka? Newcastle have Almiron (even if they are interested). 

Spurs have no coach and surely Chelsea aren't interested. If he goes to Italy they can't offer same financial package as us. 

I feel if he is leaving Madrid we've a good chance of getting him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If his announcement is just that he is leaving, I'd be concerned that he's trying to drum up additional interest. I would hope it's more substantial, or accompanied by a statement from us that he's signed.

Just now, CVByrne said:

If he was going to join PSG he'd just stay at Madrid. PSG - as far as I'm aware - are looking for a new coach. How can they be looking to sign a player who wants regular first team football when nobody knows who will be picking the team. 

Who in PL can offer him what we can offer? Arsenal offer him what? backup to Saka? Newcastle have Almiron (even if they are interested). 

Spurs have no coach and surely Chelsea aren't interested. If he goes to Italy they can't offer same financial package as us. 

Man City would buy him for shits and giggles, regardless of their current options. Chelsea would buy him as it seems more likely with each passing day that they have become some sort of money laundering operation.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

If his announcement is just that he is leaving, I'd be concerned that he's trying to drum up additional interest. I would hope it's more substantial, or accompanied by a statement from us that he's signed.

I think that’s just how they do it in Madrid, they have player conferences for arrivals and departures, it’s normal for them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Man City would buy him for shits and giggles, regardless of their current options. Chelsea would buy him as it seems more likely with each passing day that they have become some sort of money laundering operation.

I was thinking to myself, that this is someone City would just buy for more " depth ".

I would think that it'll be announced the club he is joining before he says his goodbyes, whichever club that is. Isn't that usually the case nowadays? It's announced then the player posts some goodbye message on instagram etc.

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was thinking to myself, that this is someone City would just buy for more " depth ".

Except he's (supposedly) said he wants first team football. A rotation option isn't going to sell him on a move from one of the biggest clubs in the world in Real. It could well be a Kamara like situation where we offer a player exactly what they want in terms of their football, and loads of money alongside it.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I would think that it'll be announced the club he is joining before he says his goodbyes, whichever club that is. Isn't that usually the case nowadays? It's announced then the player posts some goodbye message on instagram etc.

circa 6pm tonight Villa will come out with the "reached an agreement" post. 

The dream. 

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He wouldn't join either as he stated he wants to be regular first team player

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

PSG are a law unto themselves and would definitely do something like that regardless.

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Despite saying there's no point speculating on who we might or might not sign this summer, I see you've found your way in to another speculative transfer thread.

And in doing so made an exceptionally valid point. Agree with this entirely. 

I have it on good authority that the video tomorrow will be Asensio dropping his trousers to show an Aston Villa club crest tattoo on his left arse cheek (Old badge design) and prepared on his right arse cheek.

Â