Lionel Messi

villarule123

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's all well and good being linked with these obscure players but has anyone actually seen him play?!

Get on YouTube 1 or 2 decent video's looks like he has ability 👍

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

this thread needs to close as some people on here believe there maybe a chance it could happen 🤣

I'll raise you..

SkyBet offering 50/1 as a sign up bonus that Messi's next club after the summer transfer window is Aston Villa.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'll raise you..

SkyBet offering 50/1 as a sign up bonus that Messi's next club after the summer transfer window is Aston Villa.  

😳 oh dear .... Worth a £5 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Get on YouTube 1 or 2 decent video's looks like he has ability 👍

Mate you can't just rely on YouTube highlights videos - they're so easy to manipulate! Remember Tonev?!

• Haha 1

It will be one last Hurrah at Man City, if not Barca, so they can capitalise further on the marketing side of things. I don’t see him going to the MLS or Saudi league. 

Edited by Tayls

54 minutes ago, Frodo said:

But this is never going to happen & this thread needs to close as some people on here believe there maybe a chance it could happen 🤣

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a lovely thought and I would love to see him play at Villa Park, even if it was against us, as was the case with Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Muller, Rossi and Platini. 🤞

He looks good in his YouTube highlight reels but they can make Danny Drinkwater look like prime Pirlo. Best be careful with this potential signing. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not that will happen but I genuinely wouldnt take him, just like Ronaldo he is way past it

Just played a starring role in Argentina winning the world cup... but he's past it.

I can accept the cost, the feasibility, the practicality arguments, but the idea he wouldn't improve us is insane. 

• Like 2

I’d take him on a one year contract, it would ramp our income up no end. Millions of Messi fans would be wondering who or what an Aston Villa is, so they’d tune in and see this unstoppable juggernaut piloted by Don Emery. The shirt and merch sales would rocket. 

However, I’m not sure I’d want the whole circus that comes with that. You thought it was bad with Gerrard? We’d instantly become “Messi’s Aston Villa”, and that’s all people would focus on, possibly to the detriment of the rest of the team.  Then there’s the question of his age and whether he could still peform at the level required of a £300k+ Premier League player. 

Anyway, it’s not likely to happen, but it’s probably not quite as ridiculous as it would have seemed two years ago.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Just played a starring role in Argentina winning the world cup... but he's past it.

I can accept the cost, the feasibility, the practicality arguments, but the idea he wouldn't improve us is insane. 

How many penalties did he score? Why is his current club fanbase delighted get rid of him?

Not even to mention the clearing in the woods is on the Saudi payroll

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many penalties did he score? Why is his current club fanbase delighted get rid of him?

Not even to mention the clearing in the woods is on the Saudi payroll

4 penalties. 3 other goals. 3 assists. In 7 games.

We need a penalty taker anyway.

And you didn't mention his Saudi associations before,  but that's a more valid argument against him. 

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d take him on a one year contract, it would ramp our income up no end. Millions of Messi fans would be wondering who or what an Aston Villa is, so they’d tune in and see this unstoppable juggernaut piloted by Don Emery. The shirt and merch sales would rocket. 

We really dont need the moronic Pessi/Penaldo brigade near the club's social media

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We really dont need the moronic Pessi/Penaldo brigade near the club's social media

Yes but money. 

and I wanna gloat to all the plastics that we have messi. Thus making me a plastic….

Edited by Sulberto21

Â