Lionel Messi

villarule123

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone got his Fbref chart?

Just checked it and on the list of his ten most similar players stats wise is Timo Werner.  I think we should sign Werner instead because he's younger and he knows the league so he'll definitely have an easier time settling in. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Stats look decent, but what do the PSG fans say about him?

They seem to boo him regularly. If he's not good enough for them then can't see how he's good enough for us.

Getting Traoré vibes about this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still think Emery can get a tune out of Coutinho next season  & Beundia as back up, not sure where he fits in, may help us in Europe tho, so on the fence with this one 

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Lionel Messi turns 36 in June. Regardless we wouldn't be able to finance his wages.

Funny meme thread though.

We could absolutely offer him £1m/wk for 1 season.

We won't.  He won't come.  But we could.

12 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Still think Emery can get a tune out of Coutinho next season  & Beundia as back up, not sure where he fits in, may help us in Europe tho, so on the fence with this one 

I'm doubtful even with Emery's magic that Coutinho can cut it at this level now. He looks finished.

As for Messi*, he would probably slot in behind Ollie, he would also be one of the first names on the team sheet imo, alongside Martinez.

*on the basis he signed for us.

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We could absolutely offer him £1m/wk for 1 season.

We won't.  He won't come.  But we could.

V Sports could pay him £150m over the next 3 years to front their MLS expansion plans, whilst charging Aston Villa £100k a week for his side hustle of turning out for Aston Villa every week.  Certainly sounds FFP compliant ?????

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

At the least we should get this thread upto at least 5 pages so that people who don't know about it lose their shit when they see it. 

That's what I've just done when logging on now haha

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm doubtful even with Emery's magic that Coutinho can cut it at this level now. He looks finished.

As for Messi*, he would probably slot in behind Ollie, he would also be one of the first names on the team sheet imo, alongside Martinez.

*on the basis he signed for us.

I was being humorous 🤣 like what this thread is, as if anybody would turn Messi down at this club even for just 1 season, be a no brainer if he was affordable. But this is never going to happen & this thread needs to close as some people on here believe there maybe a chance it could happen 🤣

• Like 1

Â