Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

It could not be set up better for Villa. Brighton with nothing at all to play for & with 5 days less recovery time. High intensity pressure should secure European football. I was at Villa Park in 2010 when Rapid Vienna won the tie. Villa fans' patience deserves rich returns.

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Certainly won't be a pushover. Hopefully dirty Leeds get a draw and still go down. 

Want Leeds to beat Spurs but Leeds can win and still go down if Everton draw or win(assuming draw and current 3 GD should be enough)

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Villa fans much more relaxed now we know where we stand but I don’t think Unai or the players will be complacent.  I hope we hit them early and are, say, 7-0 up by half time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Brighton will play well with pressure of top 6 off their backs. They were excellent against City. 

I feel Leeds will get something from Spurs. My worry is City losing to Brentford.

• Like 2

There's still the best part of a week between the final day of the season and city's first cup final isn't there? It'll be a decent team with players very keen to be involved in either of those games. Yes, 3 or 4 of their key men will likely be on the bench, but they have obscene back ups. I'd be surprised if Brentford won, but if we do our job it doesn't matter. 

I think it will be tough and Brighton will play well without pressure. but we're a good team too. 

We draw and Brentford who are at home, pull off a win against on the beach citeh we don't get the last Europe place, Brentford do by better GD

Other permutations are available

All we need to do is win......😟

We know we can beat them, but it’s far from guaranteed. There have been only two teams to do the double over Brighton this season, we’d become the third if/when we win on Sunday. Those teams were Fulham and Tottenham. Who are they? ‘Zackly!

• Like 2

Brighton are a very good team, but so are we. 

Home advantage will be decisive and we’ll win this. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

One day for them to prepare while Emery has had all week. If we don’t beat them we don’t deserve Europe.

Pointless article regarding the 6 out. March known long term injured and other 5 not in usual starting line up. Steele replaced Sanchez ages ago

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Pointless article regarding the 6 out. March known long term injured and other 5 not in usual starting line up. Steele replaced Sanchez ages ago

Totally, but I was more interested in the part where they only have one day to prepare for the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

One day for them to prepare while Emery has had all week. If we don’t beat them we don’t deserve Europe.

I hope they spend their two days off drinking heavily. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SOLIHULL SEAGULL said:

Good afternoon - (delighted) Brighton fan here in peace.

Congratulations on being in the position you're in - when Gerrard left and Emery took over you surely wouldn't have thought you'd be one win from European football next season.

Really looking forward to Sunday - VP is probably my favourite PL ground

As for us - it's been an amazing season - some of the football we've played has been fantastic - last night was quite a game - we seemed to have unearthed another star in Julio Encisco.

What state our players are in on Sunday will be interesting - RDZ has given them a couple of days off - we've played a lot of games in the last month - and sometimes (Newcastle / Everton/ Forest) it's showed. He's targeted specific games for points, and it's paid off.

See you Sunday!

Going to be a very hard game for us for sure.

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

My fear has always been that Brighton are the type of team that probably play better when relaxed and less pressured.

I agree. I'm not buying the whole "In Europe/Less Motivated" narrative for a second. I also foresee a relatively unhappy and ugly match and maybe quite a few cards and pens. Seagulls will be liberated from any worries, and that's when they're likely far more dangerous, and once we really push back on that, all the good feelings will drain from Villa Park and a claret hellscape with flesh-eating shorebirds will materialise.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos