Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think online fans are a different breed to real life fans. Maybe it’s the anonymity of the internet, or maybe we just aquatint ourselves with decent folk in real life, but I rarely meet people that share the same foolish opinions that I see online. 

I agree, but I think it’s split. The “louder” ones are usually the ones who have something to say that’s negative… or maybe aggressive? The quieter ones seem to be more understanding. 

• Like 1

There will be goals in this game. Villa have scored 11 goals in the first 15 mins in all of our home games this season, whilst Brighton have averaged 2 goals per away game across all competitions this season, and will be looking to score for the 18th away game out of 19 in a row. Lets back the boys and make it a great atmosphere an dhopefully finish the season on a high

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Nerves setting in big time here.

Yep, I'm trying to not think about it. I'm also trying to convince myself that even if we don't make Europe, it's been an amazing run since Xmas. 

I know however, I will be gutted if we don't push it over the line. I just hope with Brighton securing their Europa spot and the VP atmosphere being mental, it will see us clinch it 🙏

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think online fans are a different breed to real life fans. Maybe it’s the anonymity of the internet, or maybe we just acquaint ourselves with decent folk in real life, but I rarely meet people that share the same foolish opinions that I see online. 

Don't knock it. Maybe aquatinting ourselves with decent folk in real life is a good way to build rapport with groups  of opposing  fans and bond over a love of the game and printmaking techniques 

2 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Don't knock it. Maybe aquatinting ourselves with decent folk in real life is a good way to build rapport with groups  of opposing  fans and bond over a love of the game and printmaking techniques 

Sod that for a game of soldiers, whoever plays us are the enemy for 90 minutes  no quarter given

if we ever start bonding, that will be the end of the game

Edited by Follyfoot

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that no-one likes to be 'doubled', which is an extra reason for Brighton to really want to avoid defeat tmrw. And the thing is, we already doubled them last season, didn't we? We've suddenly become one of their bogey teams since we got back into the Prem. I just hope their desire for revenge won't be too powerful, yikes ! :s

31 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I just want to skip to Monday. 😐

What you need is a time machine. But where can you find one of those??? 😕

Or maybe 'knock yourself out' with a big cup of special recipe extra strong camomile tea and half a 70cl bottle of whisky. To miss out tomorrow and wake up in the early hours on Monday.😵‍💫 

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

At this moment in time i feel calm and at peace....Not sure how i will feel walking up to villa park, along witton lane, past the famous holte end en route to the north stand, probably the opposite! I believe in the team and emery and just feel we will go out there and deliver the goods tommorow. Now as fans we just need to do our bit tommorow

• Like 2

Morning all, lovely morning over this way. Sun is shining, weather is sweet. Weirdly calm. I'm not confident like we're definitely going to win - I'm confident like I believe these lads are ready so lets do this.

I reckon Everton are staying up and I think we're capable of beating Brighton. All eyes on us today

• Like 1