Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

56 minutes ago, El Zen said:

You’re probably right, but getting back into Europe is something I’ve waited for like forever and at times felt was almost impossible. It’s a massive step. 

Not only is it a massive step, it's an incredible step considering we changed coaches during the season. Emery has done wonders.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 17:17, Creeper said:

At a festival in Leeds the same day as this. If I didn't already spend north of 200 on ticket/travel/hotel I'd genuinely consider binning the festival off for it. Our biggest match in years. Similar to @Don_Simon - Booked when Europe didn't seem that possible. Already sorted it for a friend to text me Score updates. The problem is I'll be that nervous about the match I won't be able to enjoy myself! 😅

I'll be there too! Although I live in Leeds now so I'm not as upset about it not being in the Midlands too anymore. Previous years I've had good signal and will be with another football fan so might time a toilet / food break with the last 20 minutes 

24 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'll be there too! Although I live in Leeds now so I'm not as upset about it not being in the Midlands too anymore. Previous years I've had good signal and will be with another football fan so might time a toilet / food break with the last 20 minutes 

I'm seeing Underoath during. My plan is to watch some of the match in between them and Kids In Glass Houses and then hopefully catch the last 5/10 minutes of the match after KIGH's set. If signal is good enough. 

Travelling up from Essex with my 13yr old son, said to him a few weeks back there's no better time to be a villa fan everything has changed and for the better.

This will be our 4th game this season and everythime we've been goals have flown in.

Chelsea lost 2 nil

Leicester lost 4 2

Bournmouth won 3 0

I bought the villa away top before bournmouth game as previous two games I'd worn the home top the villa blue away top will do Sunday.

This season has been immense the direction and progress unbelievable all I ask on Sunday is Villa have no regrets after the game,give it there all and what will be will be, Europe is a great acheivement and we can do it but have no given right to it, let's setup correct and play our game we have some fantastic players and the atmosphere will be electric.

UTV

• Like 2

We have won our last six home games, so it's going to be lucky 7 on Sunday.🤞

Coral's have us as 5/4 favourites for the game and the bookies are usually right aren't they? 🤞

We have won our last three games against them and it's been 5 games since they beat us (which was their only win against us at Villa Park). In the previous 25 league games between the two clubs, we have won 13 and drawn 8 of them.

I see that Brighton's owner is giving everyone at the club a 20% one-off salary bonus for qualifying for Europe for the first time, so hopefully the team will have been on a binge for several days, when they turn up on Sunday. 🍸🍹🍷🍺🍾

Come on you Lions! :flag:

Edited by John
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, maxjackle said:

So gutted I cant be at Villa Park for this- I saw it isnt selected for tv- is that right? 

I mean I'll get a stream but thats annoying

Get your mates over and make a European party of it, its what i'm doing... 

Beat these 20 nil and we'll get Europa. 

I just put £5 at 4/7 because you.just.never.know! 

I'll go Ollie quad hattrick, Martinez hattrick, McGinn 1, Kamara 1 and Lewis Dunk to score a hattrick of own goals in the 91st, 92nd & 99th minute. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Beat these 20 nil and we'll get Europa. 

I just put £5 at 4/7 because you.just.never.know! 

I'll go Ollie quad hattrick, Martinez hattrick, McGinn 1, Kamara 1 and Lewis Dunk to score a hattrick of own goals in the 91st, 92nd & 99th minute. 

You didn’t get very good odds on that 

• Haha 1

It’s clear that Brighton have improved a lot since we played them back in November. But so have we. The question is who have improved the most.

I think the home advantage will be the deciding factor and we win 2-0.