Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

A great position to be in, playing for Europe on the last day.

If Villa play well we win, if we play as we did against the Barcodes we will win comfortably.

Perhaps even a draw will be enough but that will be nervous.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A great position to be in, playing for Europe on the last day.

If Villa play well we win, if we play as we did against the Barcodes we will win comfortably.

Perhaps even a draw will be enough but that will be nervous.

A defeat could be enough but not sure I'd still be alive at full time with those nerves,

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SOLIHULL SEAGULL said:

Just a quick update from a BHA perspective.

Firstly, I really don't want Spurs to play in Europe - two reasons:

(1) We were stitched up by them 40 years ago (them and Saints both needed a draw to get promotion to the old first division and they played out a nil-nil without any shots on target, thus keeping us down in Div 2)

(2) They stitched us up this season - THREE wrong VAR decisions in one game - yes we got an apology , but what good is that...?

With regards to Brentford - I have no problem with them - but our Chairman certainly does - he always goes in with the away fans when we play them - never in the board room -  their Chairman used to work for Bloom and he left in pretty acrimonious  circumstances...

RDZ gave the players two days off after the City game on Wednesday night - lots of pictures on social media of the players and staff out in Brighton over the last two nights.....

We've played a lot of games over the past month or so, the consequences of a good cup run and early season postponements...we also have a lot of long-term injuries so RDZ has had to rotate the squad.

I'd take a draw on Sunday, but deep down I think you'll win - one game too far for us this week.

Let's hope your team are all absolutely hanging then come Sunday 😆

• Like 1

Happy this will be on Sky - will be in Birmingham city centre (not for Pride) visiting family - haven't been to a pub in the centre for a long time, which would be the best pub to watch this in?

I'm not that nervous about the game, I'd love to be in the Conference League because it's probably the next step for us, and we'd have a great chance at winning a trophy. But, if we don't have any European games to 'distract' us next season, I feel we could continue with the same kind of form under Emery and have a crack at getting into the CL. 

It's a nice position to be in. 

2 hours ago, SOLIHULL SEAGULL said:

(1) We were stitched up by them 40 years ago (them and Saints both needed a draw to get promotion to the old first division and they played out a nil-nil without any shots on target, thus keeping us down in Div 2)

(2) They stitched us up this season - THREE wrong VAR decisions in one game - yes we got an apology , but what good is that...?

That was the worst officiating performance of seen in many a year. I actually thought you got stitched up with 4. 2 stone wall penalties and I think both disallowed goals were ridiculous. It was absolutely scandalous. 

Sadly, like your first point I don’t think either will effect your teams performance on Sunday. There are professionals, they won’t be thinking about who finishes 7th. 

2 hours ago, SOLIHULL SEAGULL said:

With regards to Brentford - I have no problem with them - but our Chairman certainly does - he always goes in with the away fans when we play them - never in the board room -  their Chairman used to work for Bloom and he left in pretty acrimonious  circumstances...

RDZ gave the players two days off after the City game on Wednesday night - lots of pictures on social media of the players and staff out in Brighton over the last two nights.....

This might though. Hopefully they are still absolutely hanging.  I need a comfortable win because my heart won’t last 90mins if it’s close 🤣