Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

My birthday weekend so far NZ Warriors lost in rugby league with try conceded to obvious forward pass just before half time. Miami Heat 3 secs away from winning conference final series and probably now first team to lose after being 3-0 up in best of 7 series. Don't let me down Villa

• Sad 1

If anyone wants to calm some pre-match nerves think of it this way: even if we're losing 3-0 with Spurs winning and on course to finish 8th or 9th, Everton, Leicester and Leeds fans would kill to be in such a position of comfort.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My birthday weekend so far NZ Warriors lost in rugby league with try conceded to obvious forward pass just before half time. Miami Heat 3 secs away from winning conference final series and probably now first team to lose after being 3-0 up in best of 7 series. Don't let me down Villa

Super Rugby?

27 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If anyone wants to calm some pre-match nerves think of it this way: even if we're losing 3-0 with Spurs winning and on course to finish 8th or 9th, Everton, Leicester and Leeds fans would kill to be in such a position of comfort.

At least we're not Leeds.😳

Blast from the VT past.

• Haha 1

On 27/05/2023 at 09:38, Frodo said:

Blimey the Brighton fans despise us 😳 just had a wonder round one of there fans furoms & they want Spurs to get conference league as we're an entitled bunch & spurs on the other hand are more realistic about where they are in the table & know there place. 😳 i kid you not 🤦‍♂️

After the way Spurs cheated them this season, that's astonishing. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 17:19, SOLIHULL SEAGULL said:

Really looking forward to Sunday - VP is probably my favourite PL ground

Why is this do you mind me asking. 

I've seen and heard this from SO many fans of other clubs I'm just curious. 

She's a famous old ground and we're probably don't realise how lucky we are.... It's just our ground so to speak. 

Is it the Victorian surroundings as football grounds should be? The Stands? (I guess this is my real misunderstanding, The soon to be replaced North Stand is an eyesore, Trinity Road covered in corrugated metal cladding and Doug Ellis pretty bog standard) 

Or just the general history?

I think maybe because it's a Football Ground, not a "stadium" 

Just curious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is this do you mind me asking. 

I've seen and heard this from SO many fans of other clubs I'm just curious. 

She's a famous old ground and we're probably don't realise how lucky we are.... It's just our ground so to speak. 

Is it the Victorian surroundings as football grounds should be? The Stands? (I guess this is my real misunderstanding, The soon to be replaced North Stand is an eyesore, Trinity Road covered in corrugated metal cladding and Doug Ellis pretty bog standard) 

Or just the general history?

I think maybe because it's a Football Ground, not a "stadium" 

Just curious. 

I hear it a lot too. My guess is that it has quite a traditional vibe that many stadiums, certainly most modern stadiums, don't have these days.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

After the way Spurs cheated them this season, that's astonishing. 

I know 🤦‍♂️ think it's the North stand the Brighton furom, I read alot of the 1st 7 pages just to get a gauge of how they were feeling going unto this game considering that there done & job do e this season & was taken back how much the majority on that furom dislike us. 

I’m watching F1 to bide the time.

Cant remember the last time our last game of the season felt positive. No matter what happens we have made incredible strides post-Slippy G.

• Like 1