Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

55 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I agree, and that’s great if you have infinite funds. What you need is value for money, and don’t mistake revenue for profit.

Two examples, the figures are broad for simplicity: 

1. Look at our revenue per supporter, it’s terrible. I would suggest it’s easier to try and double our revenue on existing supporters than building more seats. Get this right first.

2. 8,000 new seats at a cost of £100m = £12,500 per seat. Avg. season ticket price £650/ seat per year. Repayment before profit is 20 years. This does not include interest, nor loss of revenue while building takes place. Its crude but it shows it’s not a tap that suddenly pours out profit.

I would suggest larger, modern facilities with better catering and lavish corporate will extract more £ per supporter/visitor. Villa could/should be the biggest regional stadium that attracts all the secondary entertainment too. That’s what Spurs and Arsenal have done, and Highbury/White Hart Lane had as much sentimental value to them as VillaPark to us. I think pouring £100m into 8000 new seats when the ground is outdated for the modern footballing economics is a complete folly? Especially when they might move in 5 years.

IMG_0038.jpeg

Thing is corporate is not a panacea for financial worries as well. It's different in London maybe where many worldwide bank headquarters are based but in Brum for instance I work for a large company 10k+ employees of which maybe 1000 are in B'ham and there's no way on earth they would consider paying tens of thousands for a corporate soiree at Villa Park

Edited by VillaJ100

On 16/02/2024 at 14:47, islingtonclaret said:

I'm inclined to believe most of this. I think we probably need this bloke to be ejected ASAP. Every single decision that seems to have come from him has been utterly terrible.

Give him some credit. He hasn’t sacked Emery yet.

21 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Sorry, posted by accident

Joleon?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Thing is corporate is not a panacea for financial worries as well. It's different in London maybe where many worldwide bank headquarters are based but in Brum for instance I work for a large company 10k+ employees of which maybe 1000 are in B'ham and there's no way on earth they would consider paying tens of thousands for a corporate soiree at Villa Park

There’s plenty of takers. Its the smaller business’s that would. For example my business would pay £20K a year for a corporate box if the quality was there, and we are small. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Gotta say this was my favourite rumour about the staff letter 😂😂

Not sure you can take dabs from Twitter images. 

Edited by sidcow

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Gotta say this was my favourite rumour about the staff letter 😂😂

After doing some reading on the matter he may be right…. Heck & Hatton would’ve been suspended by now if there was any evidence to back out the allegations IMO. Does read like an ego driven smear campaign. Purslow was getting demoted which would’ve hurt him. If the club & media silence continues then think we can assume it’s a lot of false allegations by a wounded minority. 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

After doing some reading on the matter he may be right…. Heck & Hatton would’ve been suspended by now if there was any evidence to back out the allegations IMO. Does read like an ego driven smear campaign. Purslow was getting demoted which would’ve hurt him. If the club & media silence continues then think we can assume it’s a lot of false allegations by a wounded minority. 

I actually think Purslow is too intelligent and classy for this type of thing if I'm honest.

Stranger things have happened though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think Purslow is too intelligent and classy for this type of thing if I'm honest.

Stranger things have happened though.

Don’t think he’d be overtly involved but maybe whispering and stoking in the shadows. As I said pretty damming article about both from the Independent. Is Paul Tyrell still a Villa employee ? 

On 16/02/2024 at 21:20, QldVilla said:

He has kpi’s with the owner’s. He’s going to bring in people he knows can deliver in those kpi’s not wait 1-2-3 years of current employees who may or may not have the experience to deliver those outcomes.

Well if he’s fired staff just to bring in his own mates he’ll hopefully learn a hard lesson and deserves everything he gets. 

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Well if he’s fired staff just to bring in his own mates he’ll hopefully learn a hard lesson and deserves everything he gets. 

What if he's fired complacent staff who weren't great at their jobs for better qualified staff he knows and trusts?

I think it's fairly normal for a boss to come in and drive a culture change and turn some of the staff over for what they perceive to be the betterment of the organisation. Whether Heck is doing the right thing or not remains to be seen, but it's not automatically a problem that there's a turnover of staff and some of them are disaffected.

• Like 3

Â