Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

7 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Are you suggesting @TRO is a nice guy, he only likes tall people 

No Tall people who play centre back and goalkeeper, the odd forward, and the odd midfielder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm very torn on the alleged letter from villa employees. I have absolutely no doubt that activities are happening behind the scenes that make some season employees uncomfortable. 

What we don't know is how necessary some of those things are. 

I've worked in a lot of business' that require change. Villa is definitely one. This forum is full of poor service examples from the ticket office, the match day staff and our finances point to the fact that we have an awful lot of waste. 

Im sympathetic to those impacted by the change but also not surprised that the changes are necessary. 

The Ticket office is a great example there to be fair.  Never open to the public apart from match days.  Forcing you to spend hours on the phone then shutting the phone lines down for lunch.  Amateur Hour!

10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The Ticket office is a great example there to be fair.  Never open to the public apart from match days.  Forcing you to spend hours on the phone then shutting the phone lines down for lunch.  Amateur Hour!

9 months into the job you would think that's an easy fix and easy win? 

One concern I have is that in order for Heck to meet some financial target, he will take an easy win option and increase the season ticket prices, forcing me not to be able to afford to go to see the Villa anymore....🙁

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

9 months into the job you would think that's an easy fix and easy win? 

Wouldn’t generate any revenue so I doubt Heck gives a flying ****

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wouldn’t generate any revenue so I doubt Heck gives a flying ****

His job is to run the operations, not just generate revenue. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't this directly Ben Hattons job?

Who is Ben Hattons boss charged with making sure Ben Hatton carries out his duties? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Who is Ben Hattons boss charged with making sure Ben Hatton carries out his duties? 

I wanted to come back with something witty... But I got nothing 😔

One of those low energy days lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wanted to come back with something witty... But I got nothing 😔

One of those low energy days lol.

You can keep your Hatton. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

His job is to run the operations, not just generate revenue. 

I think he’s already been pretty open about his remit being to increase revenue. 

Operations may fall under his job description but I doubt he cares about it unless it makes money

Edited by Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Operations may fall under his job description but I doubt he cares about it unless it makes money

That's my point and the whole point.

You can't have a boss who doesn't care about something that's in his remit. 

He should have been brought in purely in a revenue growth position. Commercial Director? For want of a more suitable title Sales Director? Whatever.

But if he's got no interest in ensuring that the people below him are running the ticket office properly, or maintaining the stadium or dealing with whatever oodles of paperwork needs completing then things will slip.  It's a poor manager who only has interest in revenue and nothing else because the organisation will ultimately suffer. Things will start to go wrong. 

Edited by sidcow

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he’s already been pretty open about his remit being to increase revenue. 

He specifically said at the first FAB meeting he attended that he’s only here to increase revenue and he is not interested in anything else.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's my point and the whole point.

You can't have a boss who doesn't care about something that's in his remit. 

He should have been brought in purely in a revenue growth position. Commercial Director? For want of a more suitable title Sales Director? Whatever.

But if he's got no interest in ensuring that the people below him are running the ticket office properly, or maintaining the stadium or dealing with whatever oodles of paperwork needs completing then things will slip.  It's a poor manager who only has interest in revenue and nothing else because the organisation will ultimately suffer. Things will start to go wrong. 

Yes he’s basically a glorified Commercial or Sales manager.

If his big ideas are simply to increase prices, then just give his job to the minimum wage admin person as anyone can come up with that idea.

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

We need to maximise ALL revenue streams.  People constantly bang on about stadium money not being that important in the scheme of things but it really really is. All the other clubs get similar TV money. The commercial revenue is what sets club's apart as clearly demonstrated by Spurs Match day revenue v ours.

It's not concentrating on one revenue stream at the expense of others.  It's maxing out on ALL levels that takes you to a different level.

I agree, and that’s great if you have infinite funds. What you need is value for money, and don’t mistake revenue for profit.

Two examples, the figures are broad for simplicity: 

1. Look at our revenue per supporter, it’s terrible. I would suggest it’s easier to try and double our revenue on existing supporters than building more seats. Get this right first.

2. 8,000 new seats at a cost of £100m = £12,500 per seat. Avg. season ticket price £650/ seat per year. Repayment before profit is 20 years. This does not include interest, nor loss of revenue while building takes place. Its crude but it shows it’s not a tap that suddenly pours out profit.

I would suggest larger, modern facilities with better catering and lavish corporate will extract more £ per supporter/visitor. Villa could/should be the biggest regional stadium that attracts all the secondary entertainment too. That’s what Spurs and Arsenal have done, and Highbury/White Hart Lane had as much sentimental value to them as VillaPark to us. I think pouring £100m into 8000 new seats when the ground is outdated for the modern footballing economics is a complete folly? Especially when they might move in 5 years.

IMG_0038.jpeg

Edited by thunderball

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He specifically said at the first FAB meeting he attended that he’s only here to increase revenue and he is not interested in anything else.

Exactly. That’s what I was referring to.

It’s also why I’m convinced the North Stand expansion and the badge were stopped. Despite his bullshit 

Â