Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

41 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I disagree, strongly,  obviously- especially since the new Stand would help bridge the revenue gap long term.

Anyway, may I ask you how you think he has communicated these decisions and how he has brought fans along with him? 

I think he's been frank in what he said around the decision for the North Stand. You can agree or disagree but he said it's not the right time and the majority of the fanbase probably agree as the majority don't attend VP often or at all.

The new badge as far as I'm aware hasn't been unveiled. So the messaging from Heck will come with that unveiling.

The reasoning for not changing to a round badge nearly all of the fanbase have no memories of or association with is a sound decision. It's more the online complaining that has generated the noise. 

Everything seems to be twitter based, twitter is a cesspool and twitter isn't a good cross section of people or opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But if the letter is true, and I stress it’s IF, then this isn’t just a disgruntled employee unhappy at some changes. It’s gross misconduct. It’s breaking the law. 

That’s not ok. 

You’ve previously been licking his arse so it’s no surprise you’ve taken positives out of the whole situation rather than the very obvious negatives 

But by true, what do you mean true? As in the authors believe these transgressions happened and the blame for every incident is Heck? I'm sure they do and are angry and upset.

If true is any real misconduct that he'll lose his job or have actual real allegations that involve courts then no, it'll be shown as absolutely totally bullshit in that respect.

We'll never hear about any of this outside of twitter or forums like this. Where rumour and gossip and the like keep people entertained 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If true is any real misconduct that he'll lose his job or have actual real allegations that involve courts then no, it'll be shown as absolutely totally bullshit in that respect.

We'll never hear about any of this outside of twitter or forums like this. Where rumour and gossip and the like keep people entertained 

For the sake of the club I hope you're right.

For the sake of the bants and the lulz, I hope to be quoting this with an amusing gif in a couple of weeks

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right... He should have said pretty please Castore, release us from this multimillion pound, legally binding contractual deal , which still has years to go, for free, so we can go with another company whilst compounding and damaging your reputation further, I'm sure it was pretty easy stuff for any normal person to sort out.

Do you think we have a legal team, and different departments to handle stuff like this? Or do you reckon Chris Heck just runs around each department seeing how best he can make shit decisions? 

The rest of that is speculation with no knowledge of end product. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Castore didn't fulfill their end of the contract and provide a fit-for-purpose product so absolutely we shouldn't have had to pay them.

Unless the contract was very poorly written at our end.

Contracts work in both directions. Or at least they should. Otherwise what's to stop them providing a load of tat they bought on offer from TK Maxx?

• Like 3

Anybody got a cliff nots for why this thread has 20 pages in the last 48 hrs. I tried to go back but can't figure out what kicked all this off. 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But by true, what do you mean true? As in the authors believe these transgressions happened and the blame for every incident is Heck? I'm sure they do and are angry and upset.

We might not. But it speaks volumes that your instinct was “oh he’s just getting rid of the deadwood it must all be bollocks”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Castore didn't fulfill their end of the contract and provide a fit-for-purpose product so absolutely we shouldn't have had to pay them.

Contracts work in both directions. Or at least they should. Otherwise what's to stop them providing a load of tat they bought on offer from TK Maxx?

Wondering if we did something wrong in the process of breaking, i.e breaking exclusivity prior to cancelling contract due to material breach. Thus creating an issue... 

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ok cool, but again, he didn't make the Castore contract, and I'm pretty sure we have better legal representation and expertise involved at the club,  who would know the inner workings, clauses etc of these things, more than random twitter " whistle blowers " and Barry aka " Angry Villan " on VT.

There is also a point of greater gain for short term loss.

For example, paying 4.75 mill to get out of the Castore deal, and securing say, a 50 million Adidas deal which will increase profile, availability, sales, and income 10 fold would make it a no brainer.

Again, you don't have to be any sort of genius to know this, we are just scraping the barrel.

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Anybody got a cliff nots for why this thread has 20 pages in the last 48 hrs. I tried to go back but can't figure out what kicked all this off. 

A sextape of Heck and Karen Brady has been leaked on twitter.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

So club still quiet and no one has been suspended given the serious nature of the allegations you’d expect action to have been taken by now surley ?! 

Leslie Nielsen: 1926-2010 - Photo 1 - CBS News

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just so I know....

No-one has a clue what's going on

I do. The only question is when heck gets sacked (will be this summer latest) who on this thread will be deemed his “cocksucker” of choice? 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you think we have a legal team, and different departments to handle stuff like this? Or do you reckon Chris Heck just runs around each department seeing how best he can make shit decisions? 

I had a client like that. A very high profile name that anyone with a passing interest in motorsports and car design would know. 

He'd just traipse round the world doing batshit crazy deals with little thought how stuff would actually work and had a team of lawyers and technical people furiously cleaning up after him. 

Some people do work like that. This guy got it right a lot but he also left a few catastrophes in his wake. 

Edited by sidcow

Â