Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

12 minutes ago, allani said:

One quick question from the interview.  This is the second or third time I have heard reference to our sleeve sponsorship being increased significantly.  However, I don't recall seeing / hearing who the new sleeve sponsor is or whether this is something that relates to next season or was an increase this season.  Has there been an announcement (official or otherwise) on this?

I mean… there hasn’t been much at all that has been announced or revealed by the club officially yet. Most of it is rumours or leaks online or from social media.

There’s a lot to announce and reveal officially and we are waiting on all of it… hopefully not too long now.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I mean… there hasn’t been much at all that has been announced or revealed by the club officially yet. Most of it is rumours or leaks online or from social media.

There’s a lot to announce and reveal officially and we are waiting on all of it… hopefully not too long now.

Betano and Adidad have pretty much be (unofficially) announced by the club either through SM posts (see the Heck mural post) or "leaks" to the BM and other media outlets.  But I've seen nothing on the sleeve sponsor at all - other than Heck saying that the value has been at least doubled.  My assumption is that they must have negotiated an increase in the existing deal with TradeNation as that would explain why there have been no links / rumours at all.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, allani said:

Betano and Adidad have pretty much be (unofficially) announced by the club either through SM posts (see the Heck mural post) or "leaks" to the BM and other media outlets.  But I've seen nothing on the sleeve sponsor at all - other than Heck saying that the value has been at least doubled.  My assumption is that they must have negotiated an increase in the existing deal with TradeNation as that would explain why there have been no links / rumours at all.

Oh… you think we’re sticking with them? I doubt it… we have other deals lined up too I assume… other sponsors  and commercial deals to announce and reveal.

Waiting on the full reveal from the club then we know exactly what we have and where we stand.

Don’t think anyone’s gonna be happy with the badge.

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, allani said:

Of course another brand that would / could avoid any links or noise would be Comcast.  I'm not sure I could contain my excitement if they were to be announced as our new sleeve sponsor.

Or any of the Atairos companies…

what exactly is the “LED” Heck was on about? Lighting or advertisements?

Someone mentioned one of the Atairos organisations that has installed some kind of screen at Celtic’s ground on a other thread..

He said that would be installed on all stands except the Holte End which will largely remain untouched but will be cleaned up and maybe modernised/updated a bit.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

We’ll never get what we want basically… nor anything we will all like or agree on.

It’s the colour scheme that bothers me the most… nothing more stupid than a yellow blob on a pale blue background. The most obvious issue to address but… it hasn’t been.

A shame really… as a proper crest/badge with plenty of appeal will make us better represented and make all kits, apparel, merchandise all that more attractive and drive more sales… even worldwide.

A crappy or ugly badge will affect that to some degree…

Yep.  For me it is the colour scheme with the "proposed" badge that presents issues.  I think part of the reason that it hasn't been addressed yet is that it would constitute a material change requiring longer / more / some consultation.  I understand why others have the views they do on the badge issue (although I personally think there are many more fundamental issues with this season's badge) but I still think the handling of this is Heck's only blip so far.  I liked the bit in the video with Gabby where he talks about the football train and the business train and how the football train has set off so much faster than anyone predicted and it's his job to get the business train to catch it up.  (That suggests to me that the club have based their accounting forecasts on us finishing 6th or 7th this year rather than 4th or 5th.)  I thought he projected a good understanding of Villa, Villa's history, Villa Park, etc.  He's clearly been listening.  And there was also a small comment early on where he talks about listening and recognising that's something he has to improve.  That for me sounded like a small nod towards a couple of the early meetings with fan groups where he and his team maybe read the crowd wrong.  I took this as a bit of an (indirect) apology for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Or any of the Atairos companies…

what exactly is the “LED” Heck was on about? Lighting or advertisements?

Someone mentioned one of the Atairos organisations that has installed some kind of screen at Celtic’s ground on a other thread..

He said that would be installed on all stands except the Holte End which will largely remain untouched but will be cleaned up and maybe modernised/updated a bit.

I think a bit of both.  You'd imagine that switching to LED lighting would dramatically reduce electricity costs.  But I think the LED screens provides more advertising and entertainment capability - to improve revenue but potentially also "improve" the match day experience.  I'm not suggesting we go full NHL flashing lights and sirens when we score a goal - but can see something a bit more tasteful than that being implemented.  Also worth noting that in Philadelphia I think all the flat screen TVs / scoreboards / etc around the ground are sponsored.  I suspect that we'll be looking to do something similar so maybe the LED in the North Stand will be sponsored by 1 company and those in the Doug Ellis by another.  There will be some sneaky tricks "stolen" from the US model adopted for sure that might give us an early advantage before other clubs try and catch up.  The difference is that Atairos / Comcast have a lot of experience in this already and so will likely be able to install it quicker and cheaper and have a whole heap of potential sponsors.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 15:46, Jas10 said:

Considering what has been said about him, I think he gives a quite good impression there. As a supporter living abroad I really like the idea of beefing up the match day experience with activities both before and after the game. It's something I have thought about and missed when I have travelled to games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Considering what has been said about him, I think he gives a quite good impression there. As a supporter living abroad I really like the idea of beefing up the match day experience with activities both before and after the game. It's something I have thought about and missed when I have travelled to games. 

Heck has a track record of saying one thing and doing something different, so let's see if he actually delivers on the things he mentions in the interview.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

The tide seems to be turning on Heck. He's not going to be a guy speaking every week but showing signs that's he balancing fan sentiment with club objectives. 

It's impossible for him to keep everyone happy. 

Totally agree mate. We’ve had loads of leaders who talk a great game, look great in interviews and achieve very little. This guy is making things happen and should be applauded. I’d much rather have leaders who let their achievements speak for themselves whilst they remain quiet. I love his respect and ambition. He’s a top bloke in my book.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, allani said:

Of course another brand that would / could avoid any links or noise would be Comcast.  I'm not sure I could contain my excitement if they were to be announced as our new sleeve sponsor.

Their logo is pretty inoffensive and would compliment nicely. They have no presence in the uk (I know they own Sky) but heck will be looking at the international market and with the million of foreign viewers week in week out make us an attractive proposition giving our rise. 

IMG_9985.png

Edited by thabucks

Please stop posting about the badge, the kit, increasing revenue in here, unless it’s specifically about Heck’s role in those things.There are other threads for those subjects

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

He and the club have got this one absolutely spot on - well done to all concerned. 👏

Very “heartening” to hear

😉

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He and the club have got this one absolutely spot on - well done to all concerned. 👏

Free season ticket?  Revenue down.  Heck out.  😝

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Carlos lifting Emi B  up at the back there 🤣

Nice gesture by club , well done 

• Haha 4

On 11/05/2024 at 21:54, Lichfield Dean said:

Personally I don't think the badge or kit will increase revenue 

Serious? I think it will massively, like it or not there is still a brand snobbery out there and people will have stayed away from Luke, kappa and castore, these shirts and training gear (and hopefully an increase in the overall range) will sell like hot cakes 

The fanatics deal ending will hopefully get us in more sports shops too

Going to be crazy seeing places like Brum airport actually selling a villa shirt rather than just the big 6 + Barca and Madrid....**** stupid idea what we had before 

Â