Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Just now, allani said:

Which will be a massive mistake.  He's been appointed by Wes because Wes values him and his skills.  Heck is accountable to NSWE and NOT to a small / vocal group fans who will have a very limited insight into how well (or not) he is doing his job and how successful he is in making the deals he's making and are (to a large degree) upset over the replacement of a badge that they liked but which quite frankly was completely unfit for purpose.  If NSWE think he's underperforming then they've shown that they'll get rid of him and replace him with someone else.

I trust Wes and Nas 1000% more to determine how good the deal with adidas of Betano was far more than any journalist or anyone that claims that the only reason we've got the deals is because we finished 7th.  Obviously that is a factor - we've got a stronger hand to play.  But we've still only finished in the top half of the PL table twice in what seems like eons.  It's not as gold-plated as some seem to suggest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Which will be a massive mistake.  He's been appointed by Wes because Wes values him and his skills.  Heck is accountable to NSWE and NOT to a small / vocal group fans who will have a very limited insight into how well (or not) he is doing his job and how successful he is in making the deals he's making and are (to a large degree) upset over the replacement of a badge that they liked but which quite frankly was completely unfit for purpose.  If NSWE think he's underperforming then they've shown that they'll get rid of him and replace him with someone else.

It might well be a mistake, but match going fans are not happy with him ( not just a badge, price hikes, constant ga+ upsellimg of seats sagas, his apparent lack of transparency etc) and a scape goat will be needed when shit hits the fan .

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Some of you have a  really deep dislike to someone whose jobs remit is pretty simple - increase revenues. somone handpicked  by self made billionaire Wes Edens who knows a thing or two about running successful sports teams so forgive me for trusting him over some of you with a strange personal vendetta against Heck based on your weird conspiracies and unsubstantiated accusations put across as fact. 

The bit of his job that is visible he's clearly not excelling at. Be it not consulting on the badge, the impression left with FAB, the allegations of terrible conduct internally (which everyone should be concerned about, I've not bought a Brewdog beer in years due to behaviour of their management). 

Is Heck the VT release valve?

No real scenario where we can bash the manager for the first time in years, so a release valve is required, and Heck is the chosen one?

This thread feels a bit like the Purslow thread, just a constant barrage of butt hurt.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dale said:

The bit of his job that is visible he's clearly not excelling at. Be it not consulting on the badge, the impression left with FAB, the allegations of terrible conduct internally (which everyone should be concerned about, I've not bought a Brewdog beer in years due to behaviour of their management). 

You are again referring to unsubstantiated rumours based on a tweet which if it held any ounce of truth he’d be out the door. The press never picked up on it. He may not be as accommodating  as Purslow in fan meetings I’ve not been in them so cannot comment on that from experience. What I would say is he’s obviously a results driven man highly ambitious for himself and crucially US. The club consulted on the badge and the majority couldn’t be bothered to respond - do you know for a fact he wasn’t told by NSWE to change the badge ? Are you going to boycott Villa because you don’t like the management style or is it a double standard in play ? I don’t know if he’s going a good job and I honestly don’t really care tbh personally as I’m not an expert - just a fan more interested in the action on the pitch, not what an exec says or doesn’t say.

Each to ones own though and my opinion holds no more weight than anyone’s. Just find the whole hate thing from some just plain odd 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

No real scenario where we can bash the manager for the first time in years, so a release valve is required, and Heck is the chosen one?

This thread feels a bit like the Purslow thread, just a constant barrage of butt hurt.

Yes, people need to find something to moan and complain about. So Heck is it. 

This is despite him having done an excellent job so far and being a billion times better than Purslow at growing the income of the club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

which if it held any ounce of truth he’d be out the door

I'm not convinced this is the case, knowing how organisations work, rumours like this swirl for years often before people go. Even in this day and age. You only need to look at Odey, Hester, Watt and countless others. Some of them are still in post. Trump on the edge of potentially being elected again. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

No not really, just some of the important things to many Villa fans he’s pissed them off.  We have to suck it up because Heck is employed by NSWE and he’s doing what he thinks is right and ignoring fans but we have a right to be pissed off with that.  Just like any player, manager or anybody related to the club can congratulate him on getting the adidas deal while also berating him for the badge disaster.  We were told from his previous job, from their fans when he joined that he is tunnel focused and doesn’t take others opinions or input in his decisions and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t, let’s hope it does for us.  As for the release valve, something that’s important then he will get blowback.  

The what I see as untruths is my issue, just be honest with us.  We might not like some answers but we’ll have to suck it up.  Saying something we don’t believe is true to us while doing something we don’t like and that will get people backs up.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It might well be a mistake, but match going fans are not happy with him ( not just a badge, price hikes, constant ga+ upsellimg of seats sagas, his apparent lack of transparency etc) and a scape goat will be needed when shit hits the fan .

I'm a match going fan and I'm fine with what he's done. So please don't speak for all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No not really, just some of the important things to many Villa fans he’s pissed them off.  We have to suck it up because Heck is employed by NSWE and he’s doing what he thinks is right and ignoring fans but we have a right to be pissed off with that.  Just like any player, manager or anybody related to the club can congratulate him on getting the adidas deal while also berating him for the badge disaster.  We were told from his previous job, from their fans when he joined that he is tunnel focused and doesn’t take others opinions or input in his decisions and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t, let’s hope it does for us.  As for the release valve, something that’s important then he will get blowback.  

The lying is my issue, just be honest with us.  We might not like some answers but we’ll have to suck it up.  Lie to us while doing something we don’t like and that will get people backs up.

I understand your take on this Nick but……. Just show me the money Heckmeister!! 🤑🤣

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The lying is my issue, just be honest with us.  We might not like some answers but we’ll have to suck it up.  Lie to us while doing something we don’t like and that will get people backs up.

Genuine non baiting question but what are these lies he’s accused of and what proof do you have past personal opinion? I’m vexed by this and would like understand as I  don’t know what I’ve missed….  

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

images (2).jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Genuine non baiting question but what are these lies he’s accused of and what proof do you have past personal opinion? I’m vexed by this and would like understand as I  don’t know what I’ve missed….  

Read the ‘marketing week’ article a few pages back or on the future brand thread, can’t remember which, for one example.  I believe there is some lying in there and I didn’t even raise that on this forum but others on this forum raised them. Reading the article I believe there was some untruths and you can read that and see if you agree or not.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

There's many lies in that article so I recommend reading yourself, but this takes the cake given how intensive the process of selecting the circle badge was with fans, it was literally the fanbase that selected it, compare that to how they went about the new badge.

"Football club rebrands are notoriously tricky to pull off. In Aston Villa’s case, Heck says fans complained they had not been adequately consulted on the move to a circular logo."

I did read the article and don’t see a huge amount wrong with it. I mean you can look at what he said about the fan consultations and read into it many ways. Yes focus groups input was sort but what level were they listened to and was it wrong to only use their input and not the whole fan base? I haven’t a clue as wasn’t privy to them nor the outcomes so won’t form an opinion on that. Do we know for certain he wasn’t instructed on day one to redo the badge ? 
It’s a fluff piece which I couldn’t gleam much from . 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Read the ‘marketing week’ article a few pages back or on the future brand thread, can’t remember which, for one example.  I believe there is some lying in there and I didn’t even raise that on this forum but others on this forum raised them. Reading the article I believe there was some untruths and you can read that and see if you agree or not.

Nick, essentially what you’re saying here is “he’s lying… in my opinion”. 

can anyone actually provide any factual evidence that he’s a “pathological liar” or is this witch-hunt going to carry on unabated. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nick, essentially what you’re saying here is “he’s lying… in my opinion”. 

can anyone actually provide any factual evidence that he’s a “pathological liar” or is this witch-hunt going to carry on unabated. 

I didn’t say he’s a pathological liar, I said he’s lied imo about that subject.  Somebody else said the other about the pathological liar, not me.

Witch hunt?  For imo calling him out, I don’t think that is a witch hunt.  It will carry on if I believe he lies in the future, if he doesn’t I won’t call him out obviously.

Edited by nick76

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

There's many lies in that article so I recommend reading yourself, but this takes the cake given how intensive the process of selecting the circle badge was with fans, it was literally the fanbase that selected it, compare that to how they went about the new badge.

"Football club rebrands are notoriously tricky to pull off. In Aston Villa’s case, Heck says fans complained they had not been adequately consulted on the move to a circular logo."

How do gauge if we were ALL adequately consulted? Did the survey push the likely results in a certain direction ? Did the fan focus groups get steered and was that a broad enough spectrum to speak for all fans ?  I wouldn’t say it’s a lie to say fans weren't adequately consulted. Maybe NSWE were not happy with the whole process. I voted against the circular badge but I was given a choice of two.

Also they’ve used the results of these consultations of what the fans wanted out of a badge and then produced their own. Fans wanted the lion reverted, wanted Aston Villa rather than avfc, wanted the year and the star. we’ve got all that. The colours not so but I get why they’ve kept them as they are. I don’t see the lies in what he says at all. Over two surveys around a quarter bothered to respond. 

Edited by thabucks

Â