Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 22:59

At least 3 of our starting 11 are barely going to be squad players next season if reports regarding our summer transfer intentions are to be believed. We lost, but that's 2 clubs heading in opposite directions. Keep the faith...Big season next season

Whoever scored first was going to win. We probably should've got at least a point from that. We were on the front foot most of the game, just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Buendia MOTM. Right wing obviously the primary position we need to upgrade. Traore and Bailey making that very clear today.

Credit Wolves who took their chance expertly and proceeded to just shut us down. The ball bounced their way today. They were also helped by the non-call handball.

Great to see Diego back. I hate to be negative, but he was a bit excessively smiley-huggy with Lopategui at the whistle, IMO.

Also great to see Kamara back, and Duran made a great pass.

We are clearly running on fumes. Europa League would be great if we can somehow get it. Europa Conference I can take or leave.

Ultimately it kind of seems like the season is wrapping up as we all look ahead to the summer.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I honestly don't think we deserved anything from that game. Flattered to deceive. Too many players making the wrong choice at the moment where it matters. 

We probably deserved a draw simply because we should have had a penalty but it wasn't good enough

Just now, briny_ear said:

Memo to self: You have been watching Villa for long enough to know they always falter when the pressure is on and they do not have enough self belief to win the really important matches.Of course they were going to follow up that superb performance against Newcastle with a series of increasingly patchy games and of course they were always going to fall at the final hurdles. No manager has been able to overcome this tendency since Ron Saunders so how silly of you to believe that Emery could.

No European football for us next season and it will probably be a mediocre season with Unai departing before December. ☹️

I do sympathise with this, but I don't think we'll be as bad as that. We're in very good hands at the moment, and lots of things are in place for us to do very well next season.

Just now, Noel said:

I've followed Villa for 60 years and Bailey is the worst player I have ever seen play for us.

Steve Hodge, Bernie Gallagher and Ian Callaghan say hi 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Eh? That’s nonsense. We were by far the better team, just lacked a cutting edge. 

90 + minutes of football, and we couldn't score against that defence?

No, we were shit.

After a calm down.

POSITIVES:

Carlos is back, and still looks a very good ball playing defender. He can certainly pick a pass.

Kamara, Coutinho back and hopefully Cash next, we need them.

If we finish 8th, still been an excellent season based on circumstances.

• Thanks 1

The way that Brighton played vs man ure, they look so lively....just hope we can at least sign off with a home win.

As for spuds and redscouse.....am strangely more confident for those games...

Guest av1
Just now, AJ said:

90 + minutes of football, and we couldn't score against that defence?

No, we were shit.

Ok whatever, what about making them look like prime Barcelona? That’s just posting for effect because it’s utterly rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

After a calm down.

POSITIVES:

Carlos is back, and still looks a very good ball playing defender. He can certainly pick a pass.

Kamara, Coutinho back and hopefully Cash next, we need them.

If we finish 8th, still been an excellent season based on circumstances.

Not saying Emery was wrong , what do we know? But would it not have been best to start Kamara, Carlos maybe Coults, an bring them off after we were ahead. I'm convinced that would have been better than Traore and Bailey starting.

A really poor performance- the limitations of the squad is coming into play.

Struggled to create anything, in thw bix trying to the pass the ball in the **** net instead of taking thw chance early. Its so frustrating to watch at times players like bailey buendia making the wrong decisions.

I thought mcginn was motm very good

Luiz traore and bailey were pretty bad but at least the latter was trying.

Want to see more from JJ too

I would also like to add the refs performance was totally unacceptable. To only give 3 minutes injury time after all the stoppages pathetic and corruption to its core

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Deflated today!  

At least I can sit and relax more for the final three games without working out computations on getting Europe.  

Still a chance of course but we look like needing the summer now despite being the better team today, we just lack ideas and a spark going forwards.

Just finish 8th at least and it will have been a remarkable turn around by Emery, anything more is a bonus now.

As for the game…

Ref was awful

Moreno, Ollie, Young, Ramsey were poor

Traore and Bailey were awful

Buendia was trying hard but nothing came off and looked bad in some instances

Thought Dougie did ok.

Martinez had a nice few blocks.

Great to see Carlos back after long stretch out, and Kamara back.

I shouldn’t be disappointed but I am tonight but I’ll be happy tomorrow reflecting on the come back this season and the bright future.

I think it depends on what bit we want to talk about, as to whether, we are happy or sad.....The turn around has been phenomenal,but many weaknesses, still rear their ugly heads....and just lately, it has shown.

Since the brilliant performance against Newcastle, we have taken 4 points from 4 games.....so its a bit of a fall off, and we can't put it down to confidence, because the Newcastle scalp was Huge.

For whatever reason, folk want to muster, we still struggle under certain game conditions.

• Like 1

Â